pantour hubs

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by dbernstein29, May 21, 2003.

  1. dbernstein29

    dbernstein29 New Member

    Joined:
    May 19, 2003
    I am thinking about changing/upgrading my wheels to pantour hubs front regular and rear disc. I ride a t-bone 26/20. I have read alot of good comments about the pantour hubs but are there problems with the hubs of which I should be aware.

    Thanks in advance for your comments

    David t-bone 26/20, P-38

    Tags:

  2. Mr. Drew

    Mr. Drew Guest

    dbernstein29 wrote:
    > I am thinking about changing/upgrading my wheels to pantour hubs front regular and rear disc. I
    > ride a t-bone 26/20. I have read alot of good comments about the pantour hubs but are there
    > problems with the hubs of which I should be aware.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your comments
    >
    > David t-bone 26/20, P-38

    Me too. Has anyone used them with Avid mech. disk brakes? Their web site shows them coming with
    their own disks.

    Drew Dual 26 T-Bone.

  3. Steve Watkin

    Steve Watkin Guest

    Got one on my Brompton and seems an extreamly good product so far, makes a 16" wheel feel like a
    wide 700c.

    SW

    news:[email protected]...

  4. On Wed, 21 May 2003 20:31:28 +0000 (UTC), "Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Got one on my Brompton and seems an extreamly good product so far, makes a 16" wheel feel like a
    >wide 700c.

    Sorry for straying off topic but I thought the Brompton had a non-standard front dropout spacing.
    Does Pantour make a narrow version of their hub, or did you replace the fork?

  5. I like the Pantour front hub on my Ti Rush very much. I have Ultegra caliper brakes. No problems.

    --
    Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "Mr. Drew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > dbernstein29 wrote:
    > > I am thinking about changing/upgrading my wheels to pantour hubs front regular and rear disc. I
    > > ride a t-bone 26/20. I have read alot of good comments about the pantour hubs but are there
    > > problems with the hubs of which I should be aware.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance for your comments
    > >
    > > David t-bone 26/20, P-38
    > >

    > Me too. Has anyone used them with Avid mech. disk brakes? Their web site shows them coming with
    > their own disks.
    >
    > Drew Dual 26 T-Bone.

  6. I have a first generation F. Pantour Hub. It has 10K on it. Just changed the polymer insert
    reciently. It has worked fine. The folks at Pantour are responsive and have served the recumbent
    market well. I was more interested in its stabiizing effect for fast downhills on SWB 406 F. wheeled
    bikes. It sure made the Rocket, V-REX and VR-40 handle well at 40 mph+ DH. I have since sold these
    bikes, with the V-REX going (tears) yesterday to a Lady from Middle River, MD.

    Go for it.

    Inc 1-800-586-6645 "dbernstein29" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am thinking about changing/upgrading my wheels to pantour hubs front regular and rear disc. I
    > ride a t-bone 26/20. I have read alot of good comments about the pantour hubs but are there
    > problems with the hubs of which I should be aware.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your comments
    >
    > David t-bone 26/20, P-38

  7. I've been very happy with my front hub. I have heard one anecdotal comment that water can get inside
    the hub by sneaking in under the side plates, from a guy who rides his bike in all kinds of weather
    in NYC. I can see how this might be possible, but I've not experienced this and have not heard of
    anyone else experiencing it either. But then, I don't ride in the rain.

    I have no experience with the rear hub.

  8. My experience with my front Pantour hub is exactly the same as Andrew's.

    --
    Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush

    "Andrew Douglas" <[email protected]> wrote > I've been very happy with my front hub. I've not
    experienced (rain) ...but then, I don't ride in the rain. I have no experience with the rear hub.

  9. Steve Watkin

    Steve Watkin Guest

    Pantour make a special narrow one, check their web site

    news:eek:[email protected]...