Road Cycling · Public discussion

Papai's Podium Prediction Contest?

Started by Tom Nakashima · · Last activity · 5 posts · 487 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
29 June 2004
Last activity
30 June 2004
Original author
Tom Nakashima
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
487
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. What happened to Papai's Podium Prediction Contest for this
    years TdF? -tom

  2. Tom Nakashima said:

    What happened to Papai's Podium Prediction Contest for this
    years TdF? -tom

    All the interesting ones were kicked off for consorting with
    bike racers. That's an unfortunate comment on what's left -
    they couldn't even consort with an underweight guy that just
    spent six hours with 100 other guys. I think if Cipo would
    finsih a few more stages, there would be a better selection
    of podium girls applying.

    Are we supposed to give names or something? I only go by
    hair color.

    Curtis L. Russell Odenton, MD (USA) Just someone on
    two wheels...

  3. "Tom Nakashima" <[email hidden]> wrote...

    Quoted message said:

    What happened to Papai's Podium Prediction Contest for
    this years TdF? -tom

    I posted this on the top of my main web page:

    SPECIAL: Tour de France 2004 - Papai Predictions for
    the Final GC
    1. Lance Armstrong, has the will, the guts and the wile.
    2. Jan Ullrich, unfortunately another 2nd place for
    Der Kaiser
    3. Tyler Hamilton, he could take it all but Lance and
    Jan too tough
    4. Iban Mayo, a bad day in the mountains and he misses out
    5. Roberto Heras, could easily podium but not with
    these guys
    6. Ivan Basso, 6th place will astound all
    7. Haimar Zubeldia , a little luck and he gets 4th place
    Watch out for: Sevilla, Gutierrez, Leipheimer, Michael
    Rogers, Julich, and Simoni. (KJP, 6/28/04 - Please check
    back occasionally to see how my predictions pan out!)

    I don't have the extra energy to run the predictions contest
    though Tom but would happily submit to someone else (Kevin?)
    running one so I could see how my prognostications stack up.

    I'll be in the Sierra getting fatter during the Prologue and
    Stage 1 and will be champing at the bit to find results. To
    say I'll be jonesing is putting it mildly.

    -Ken

  4. "Tom Nakashima" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    What happened to Papai's Podium Prediction Contest for
    this years TdF? -tom

    I predict someone will get excedingly drunk durning the next
    3.5 weeks and attempt to wear a tour podium as a hat,
    resulting in a strained back and a bruised knee, followed by
    the traditional wearing 'o the ice-pack.

  5. [email hidden] (Richard Adams) .com>...

    Quoted message said:

    "Tom Nakashima" <[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    What happened to Papai's Podium Prediction Contest for
    this years TdF? -tom

    I predict someone will get excedingly drunk durning the
    next 3.5 weeks and attempt to wear a tour podium as a hat,
    resulting in a strained back and a bruised knee, followed
    by the traditional wearing 'o the ice-pack.

    The only dude big enough to do that is Magnus Backstedt!

    -kp

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.