RdBiker said:Hmm...Contador's performance was surprising but I wouldn't say the field he was competing against was that special. If he had won against Cancellara when both were in their best form of the season, I'd be astonished. But Wiggins isn't that dominative. Come on, it was just 7'. Not that crushing. And if my eyes didn't betray me, Contador raced on drier roads. Besides Contador wasn't that bad in TTs last year (even the short ones) and if he's especially concentrated on training TTs this winter as he has said his performance isn't that out-of-this-world.
Also, it seems Alberto is in good form right now. And at a time when most riders aren't. So I won't be surprised until he beats everyone in TTs in July. IF he however does, then it'll be certain that blood bags have been emptied.I don't, however, understand why he has such good form at this time of the year. Does he need to prove his performance to Astana?
Yeah you make good points. And I want to believe you are right but my gut tells me there is just a real sickness still in the sport that just wont go away and its like merry go round. 22yo kids dying in their sleep. Armstrong wanting back in for no apparent reason. Schumacher just making [censored] up left right and centre.
All these things are there staring you in the face on this. Contador shouldnt be in major form. For him to beat Wiggins over 9km Contador would have to be in serious serious form in the first week of March?
He is on record as stating he started his preparations for the season late due to surgery. He is trying out his gear. pure and simple. That is why he is France in March. Testing gear and testing out his network. Thats what my gut tells me. Maybe Im the loser and I need to go buy another tin foil hat.