Paris-Nice Stage 4

Wayne666

Jun 4, 2007
What was that today? A team like Rabobank not really able to control the race on what didn't appear to be a terribly hard route. Gesink isolated with tens of kilometres to go and still a fairly large group around him. I don't understand, ever since I've been following professional cycling domestiques could just sit on the front of the bunch day after day. It's almost as if they actually get tired now :)

Is this another sign of the more human face of the new cycling?

Or there's a bug running thru the team.

Wayne666 said:
Or there's a bug running thru the team.

Isn't it a little bit early in the season for blood transfusions? And wouldn't it be too risky for an in'n'out blood 'exchange' (at least you'd wait until after P/N).

Oh ... you mean a real bug? I s'pose it's possible.

I dont think the team is strong enough to defend the jersey.

Gesink might have to go on the attack.

Wayne666 said:
What was that today? A team like Rabobank not really able to control the race on what didn't appear to be a terribly hard route. Gesink isolated with tens of kilometres to go and still a fairly large group around him. I don't understand, ever since I've been following professional cycling domestiques could just sit on the front of the bunch day after day. It's almost as if they actually get tired now :)

Is this another sign of the more human face of the new cycling?
If this keeps up the sprinters will have a hard season. Voekler might win the ProTour. :)

I don't understand.... Hincapie could sit on the front of the bunch for 9 stages running and then ride off on the 10th stage and win a mountain finish.... what were these guys doing ?

whiteboytrash said:
I don't understand.... Hincapie could sit on the front of the bunch for 9 stages running and then ride off on the 10th stage and win a mountain finish.... what were these guys doing ?
I still think the top 20 are on gear.