Paris-Nice stage 6: Menchov, Sanchez, Landis

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Robert Chung, Mar 12, 2004.

  1. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    Very impressed with Jaksche and VDB. Eerie seeing the
    Beloki curve.

    Tags:

  2. Robert Chung wrote:
    > Very impressed with Jaksche and VDB. Eerie seeing the
    > Beloki curve.

    The riders must have felt the same. I've seldom seen them so
    careful around the bends. It still didn't keep two from
    crashing though which brings one to think, that thanks to
    Beloki maybe, nobody had a serious crash.

    --
    Perre

  3. Sonarrat

    Sonarrat Guest

    in article [email protected], Per Elmsäter at
    [email protected] wrote on 3/12/04 8:52 AM:

    > Robert Chung wrote:
    >> Very impressed with Jaksche and VDB. Eerie seeing the
    >> Beloki curve.
    >
    > The riders must have felt the same. I've seldom seen them
    > so careful around the bends. It still didn't keep two from
    > crashing though which brings one to think, that thanks to
    > Beloki maybe, nobody had a serious crash.

    Pietro Caucchioli, the worst off, still managed to finish in
    the main bunch 4 minutes off. On the other hand, Santiago
    Botero was a DNF; Baden Cooke and Dario Frigo DNS. I'm
    wondering why.

    Jorg Jaksche has undergone a complete Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde
    transformation, and he is riding extremely well. He seems
    to have Lance Armstrong's calm while under pressure, and so
    far he has shown that he knows how to go hard without
    cracking himself. He is extremely intelligent and I will be
    surprised if he doesn't land on a GT podium at least once
    in his career.

    -Sonarrat.

  4. Otto

    Otto Guest

    Sonarrat <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BC775461.20C0%[email protected]>...

    > Jorg Jaksche has undergone a complete Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde
    > transformation, and he is riding extremely well. He seems
    > to have Lance Armstrong's calm while under pressure, and
    > so far he has shown that he knows how to go hard without
    > cracking himself. He is extremely intelligent and I will
    > be surprised if he doesn't land on a GT podium at least
    > once in his career.

    Jekyll/Hyde transformation for Jaschke? i wouldn'y say that.
    Jeykell/Hyde for Julich, yeah, but Jorgie has shown during
    his ONCE days that he has plenty of talent

  5. Sonarrat

    Sonarrat Guest

    in article [email protected], otto at

    > Sonarrat <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<BC775461.20C0%[email protected]>...
    >
    >> Jorg Jaksche has undergone a complete Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde
    >> transformation, and he is riding extremely well. He seems
    >> to have Lance Armstrong's calm while under pressure, and
    >> so far he has shown that he knows how to go hard without
    >> cracking himself. He is extremely intelligent and I will
    >> be surprised if he doesn't land on a GT podium at least
    >> once in his career.
    >
    > Jekyll/Hyde transformation for Jaschke? i wouldn'y say
    > that. Jeykell/Hyde for Julich, yeah, but Jorgie has shown
    > during his ONCE days that he has plenty of talent

    You're correct about that; he has always shown potential. He
    never actually won anything, though, before hooking up with
    Bjarne Riis. Now he's on the warpath.

    -Sonarrat.

  6. Nev Shea

    Nev Shea Guest

    Sonarrat <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:BC77DE7E.234D%[email protected]:

    > You're correct about that; he has always shown potential.
    > He never actually won anything, though, before hooking up
    > with Bjarne Riis. Now he's on the warpath.

    So, does this say more about Riis' talent or "venga venga
    venga" Saiz's lack of talent?

    NS