Paris Roubaix 2004

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Withnail, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Withnail

Withnail New Member

I want to go and watch the race at a good section of pave. Does anyone know where I could find a decent route map for the race? Thanks

Tags:

2. hemplands

hemplands New Member

The route for Paris Roubaix doesn't get published until the end ofFeb/beginning of March. They then put on the website a map of the sections of the pave and the distances. You need to get hold of a good Michelin map or the equivalent of the ordnance survey map and plot it out.

It appears on the www.letour.fr website

3. mattlegge

mattlegge New Member

Last years route is here: http://www.letour.fr/stf/roubaix/2003/us/parcours.html which would be a good start for you. Expect to see more detailed info at this website (from ASO the organisers) or via places like cyclingnews.com nearer the time.

Just thinking about doing this myself.

cheers

Matt

4. dhovenkamp

dhovenkamp New Member

I have also plans to go to Paris-Roubaix this year, especially to see the Finish on the velodrome in Roubaix. I know that the entrance is free but has anyone been there before? Do you have to get there hours and hours in advance to get a good spot?

Cheers,

DH.

5. hemplands

hemplands New Member

6. Tim Mitchell

Tim Mitchell New Member

Get to France and buy either the Paris Nord or Het Volk newspaper on the day. They both carry a broadsheet sized map of the route with really good detail.

I watched at Ochies (2 sections of Pave) and Cysong before hitting a bar to watch the finish. Ochies had a large scree and village fete but i dont know if they do that each year.

You need to park on theright side of road closures etc to get going again.

I'm am following this plan of action once more