Paris-Roubaix Last Kilometer!!!

In article <[email protected]>,
Hobbes@spnb&s.com wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 20:33:10 -0800, "HC" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >http://media.vrtnieuws.net/2008/04/170136696ONL0804133426770_wmvhi.wmv
> >

> That Boonen guy's something of a badass, huh.

I think he has a real future in cycling.

Jokes aside, he buried one of the best cyclists around like it was
nothing. The final km hardly told the tale: by then, you expected
Boonen, the sprintiest classics rider around, to win. But in the
previous 20 km, he never let Cancellara, the best TTist on the planet,
get away.

Boonen is like the second coming of Eddy Merckx, except without the TT,
mountains, or GC capabilities.

In article <rcousine-DB101C.18161314042008@[74.223.185.199.nw.nuvox.net]>,
Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Hobbes@spnb&s.com wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 20:33:10 -0800, "HC" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >http://media.vrtnieuws.net/2008/04/170136696ONL0804133426770_wmvhi.wmv
> > >

> > That Boonen guy's something of a badass, huh.

> I think he has a real future in cycling.
>
> Jokes aside, he buried one of the best cyclists around like it was
> nothing. The final km hardly told the tale: by then, you expected
> Boonen, the sprintiest classics rider around, to win. But in the
> previous 20 km, he never let Cancellara, the best TTist on the planet,
> get away.

He seems to have known he had a good chance even with Cancellara in the break with
him (from TWCOC):

"When I attacked I didn't feel like I was the strongest man of the three, but
while we were getting closer to the finish that feeling tilted towards confidence,
and in the end I wasn't at all scared to show up on the velodrome with these guys.

"They were dead tired," he added of his two companions. "Cancellara had cramps up
until his ears, and Ballan was happy that he wasn't dropped on the Carrefour de
l'Arbre. If you know that, you need to be a realist, you shouldn't be the smart-ass
that attacks them."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2008/apr08/roubaix08?id=results

> Boonen is like the second coming of Eddy Merckx, except without the TT,
> mountains, or GC capabilities.

Yep, exactly the same only different.

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

On Apr 14, 10:08 pm, Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <rcousine-DB101C.18161314042008@[74.223.185.199.nw.nuvox.net]>,
>  Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > In article <[email protected]>,
> >  Hobbes@spnb&s.com wrote:

> > > That Boonen guy's something of a badass, huh.

> > I think he has a real future in cycling.

> > Jokes aside, he buried one of the best cyclists around like it was
> > nothing. The final km hardly told the tale: by then, you expected
> > Boonen, the sprintiest classics rider around, to win. But in the
> > previous 20 km, he never let Cancellara, the best TTist on the planet,
> > get away.

>    He seems to have known he had a good chance even with Cancellara inthe break with
> him (from TWCOC):
>
>    "When I attacked I didn't feel like I was the strongest man of the three, but
> while we were getting closer to the finish that feeling tilted towards confidence,
> and in the end I wasn't at all scared to show up on the velodrome with these guys.
>
>    "They were dead tired," he added of his two companions. "Cancellarahad cramps up
> until his ears, and Ballan was happy that he wasn't dropped on the Carrefour de
> l'Arbre. If you know that, you need to be a realist, you shouldn't be the smart-ass
> that attacks them."
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2008/apr08/roubaix08?id=results
>
> > Boonen is like the second coming of Eddy Merckx, except without the TT,
> > mountains, or GC capabilities.

>    Yep, exactly the same only different.
>
> --
>                               tanx,
>                                Howard
>
>                         Whatever happened to
>                         Leon Trotsky?
>                         He got an icepick
>                         That made his ears burn.
>
>                      remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?- Hide quoted text -

Merckx was also a very good sprinter

In article
<3a5ac371-ac2a-46c7-b3d1-67856f76fcbc@a22g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,
Andre <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Apr 14, 10:08 pm, Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:
> > In article <rcousine-DB101C.18161314042008@[74.223.185.199.nw.nuvox.net]>,
> >  Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
> >

> > > In article <[email protected]>,
> > >  Hobbes@spnb&s.com wrote:

> >    "They were dead tired," he added of his two companions. "Cancellara had
> > cramps up
> > until his ears, and Ballan was happy that he wasn't dropped on the
> > Carrefour de
> > l'Arbre. If you know that, you need to be a realist, you shouldn't be the
> > smart-ass
> > that attacks them."
> >
> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2008/apr08/roubaix08?id=results
> >
> > > Boonen is like the second coming of Eddy Merckx, except without the TT,
> > > mountains, or GC capabilities.

> >    Yep, exactly the same only different.

> Merckx was also a very good sprinter

Just like Boonen!

Only their mothers can tell them apart,

> Only their mothers can tell them apart,

That and the fact that Tom is 4" taller than Eddy and 30 lbs heavier.