Paris Roubaix not live this year?

In article <[email protected]>, "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> > I know there is a downside to the deregulation, and there is plenty of **** on american tv, but
> > they have a lot more variety than we do.
>
> Marlene, I know you can set your sights higher than variety of **** being superior to less ****.
>
> Carl Who adamantly agrees that plenty of American tv and most tv in general is ****.

Yeah, but more variety means having more opportunity to figure out which is less crappy! I have to
admit, though, that some american networks are horrid. I remember seeing some of this while visiting
the US. I think USA network is one of the worst. I call it "Bad 80s movie network" although Lifetime
ranks up there, and BET is pretty terrible.

Still on 404 on Comcast (formerly AT&T Broadband) in Salt Lake City!

But not live this year ... which is a major pout for me.

In article <VwZla.431102$L1.122915@sccrnsc02>, "Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote:

> So... Where is OLN "Bay Area" now? AT&T cable used to have it on ch. 404. Now COMCAST bought out
> at&t... where the hell is OLN?
>
> HELP!! Please.
>
> -Ken
>
> "brian roth" <[email protected]...
> > Is it my imagination or was OLN touting "LIVE!" coverage of PR this year. As it is, there will
> > be 2 hours of same day coverage, but I could swear that it was going to be live as the last few
> > years.
> >
> > Apologies in advance to Canadian viewers who might not get any coverage at all.

pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est

"Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Still on 404 on Comcast (formerly AT&T Broadband) in Salt Lake City!
>
> But not live this year ... which is a major pout for me.

Why wasn't P-R live this year? I was pretty surprised it wasn't since the last three have had 2
hours worth of live coverage.

Is the Giro safe for being Live next month?

> In article <VwZla.431102$L1.122915@sccrnsc02>, "Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > So... Where is OLN "Bay Area" now? AT&T cable used to have it on ch. 404. Now COMCAST bought out
> > at&t... where the hell is OLN? [ch. 81]

I have a feeling the "live" standard will go away for everything except Le Tour de France. This will
be more related to prime time viewer ratings and time slots than anything. I loved every minute of
the Tour, but never was up early to watch it live, even here on the east coast. I think the
producers are banking that the races will do better(ratings wise) during time slots with the most
viewers. They should at least be showing these races on the same day though, anything else would be
ridiculous.