Paris Roubaix picks

fscyclist said:
When Hincapie's group was caught, High Road needed to cover the counter's, but they were nowhere to be found. P-R is a different race though, and I think team input is less important. Due to the inevetable crashes and mechanicals, you never know who will be around in the last 40K. If Boonen is in the final group, he will win, but I hope Hincapie can get away prior to the velodrome.

Guys guys ! Calm down.... Hincapie couldn't win the race when on gear so he ain't going to win it off the cows blood..... in addtion to this Hincapie has the tactical nouse of club rider..... He won't win. End of story.

whiteboytrash said:
Guys guys ! Calm down.... Hincapie couldn't win the race when on gear so he ain't going to win it off the cows blood..... in addtion to this Hincapie has the tactical nouse of club rider..... He won't win. End of story.
Boonen is the strongest followed by Cancellara. If Hincape is going to win, it will be now or never. He had pretty good form last week, but was probably 95% or so. He should pick that up this week (whatever the method) and because of the chaotic nature of P-R, he has a shot depending on how the chips fall. It may rain, so any of the top 25 riders have a shot in that instance. No rain or cold (forecast is for both of those), and Boonen creams the field in the most likely scenario.

I think George is going to pull the "Mickelson" and finally win a major.

fscyclist said:
Google? I googled "wheelsucking whiner" and got 10 pages of links for articles on Cadel Evans.
I have told this story before, but I found cyclingforums by typing "Cadel Evans is a wheelsucking *****" into Google. True story.

Crankyfeet said:
Originally posted by bbp in the TAN thread: 2001 Paris Roubaix Hincapie persective.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9b3Qf8PPOHk&feature=related
Thanks for that! This is the first time I am watching footage of Paris Roubaix, and boy, I'm going to be really sorry about missing most of the race this Sunday. But is this what the team director keeps saying to the rider? You're the best; you're the man; you're the strongest, etc.?

TheDarkLord said:
Thanks for that! This is the first time I am watching footage of Paris Roubaix, and boy, I'm going to be really sorry about missing most of the race this Sunday. But is this what the team director keeps saying to the rider? You're the best; you're the man; you're the strongest, etc.?
Don't tell everybody. You're revealing all of Bruyneel's secrets... :mad:

TheDarkLord said:
If that's the type of support they have to offer Hincapie, can you imagine what they must be saying to Tommy D.?

I'll have to think about it but my first thoughts are O'Grady to defend or Hincapie or Hammond to feature in the end.

Anyway my tip for Gent-Wevelgem tonight is Cavendish.

For those in Australia - this race is live on SBS on Sunday night at 10:10 - not sure if it is live or it will be delayed but at that time it has to be live.

Grater said:
For those in Australia - this race is live on SBS on Sunday night at 10:10 - not sure if it is live or it will be delayed but at that time it has to be live.
yep cant wait.

thoughtforfood said:
Boonen is the strongest followed by Cancellara. If Hincape is going to win, it will be now or never. He had pretty good form last week, but was probably 95% or so. He should pick that up this week (whatever the method) and because of the chaotic nature of P-R, he has a shot depending on how the chips fall. It may rain, so any of the top 25 riders have a shot in that instance. No rain or cold (forecast is for both of those), and Boonen creams the field in the most likely scenario.

I think George is going to pull the "Mickelson" and finally win a major.

Hincapie finished 5th by following wheels. There are 40 riders who could do the same if that was there objective. He will finish 8th and you guys will krap on about a great performance. Its those who take the chance and win against the possibility of finishing 40th - case in point O'Grady last year. Hincapie never backs himself and takes the chance therefore he'll never win.

whiteboytrash said:
Hincapie finished 5th by following wheels. There are 40 riders who could do the same if that was there objective. He will finish 8th and you guys will krap on about a great performance. Its those who take the chance and win against the possibility of finishing 40th - case in point O'Grady last year. Hincapie never backs himself and takes the chance therefore he'll never win.
Uh yea, your powers of observation are broken. Let me see, Mussew and Boonen took "the chance and win against the possibility of finishing 40th." Brilliant observation there Ray Charles.

What was it he did to finish 2nd? You do remember that his best finish wasn't 5th...right? And he lost to a guy who took "the chance to win against the possibility of finishing 40th." Good one, a real knee slapper you have vetted there WBT. Just goes to show that sarcasm and wit (minimal as it is) does not a intelligent observation make.

thunder said:
if astana got an invite, I will go Goussev
PR=ASO=NO ASTANA....

I go for Boonen. But Thunder... as you probebly know by now Boonen is my pick but... I hope for Gilbert...

Roubaix is a numbers game. O'Grady looked real strong today. I have to think that the combination of O'Grady and Cancellara make them the favorites. I know. Obvious choice. Boonen's team is not as strong this year. He will have to do it on his own and that will be tough.

Malkmus said:
Roubaix is a numbers game. O'Grady looked real strong today. I have to think that the combination of O'Grady and Cancellara make them the favorites. I know. Obvious choice. Boonen's team is not as strong this year. He will have to do it on his own and that will be tough.
Was O'Grady let go in error last year because everyone was marking Cancellara?

Crankyfeet said:
Was O'Grady let go in error last year because everyone was marking Cancellara?
I wouldn't say that. CSC had weight of numbers in the final and O'Grady was incredibly strong, it was one of the rides of the year IMO. Boonen was the most heavily marked rider in P-R last year.

cyclingheroes said:
PR=ASO=NO ASTANA....

I go for Boonen. But Thunder... as you probebly know by now Boonen is my pick but... I hope for Gilbert...
YEAH, i QUALIFIED THAT hEROES :p (damn caps)

on Heroes.com, I went with Flecha