Paris Roubaix picks

Crankyfeet said:
Was O'Grady let go in error last year because everyone was marking Cancellara?

I thought Cancellara crashed and the green light was given to O'Grady to go for it.
If they help each other this year then one of them certainly has a good chance.
If it rains anything could happen.
Cancellara will play it safe I suppose with most support from the rest of the team and O'Grady will be allowed to go in breakaways (he often does).
That may be a copycat tactic of how Quickstep won last week.

JAPANic said:
I thought Cancellara crashed and the green light was given to O'Grady to go for it.
If they help each other this year then one of them certainly has a good chance.
If it rains anything could happen.
Cancellara will play it safe I suppose with most support from the rest of the team and O'Grady will be allowed to go in breakaways (he often does).
That may be a copycat tactic of how Quickstep won last week.
Cancellara suffered with the weather

I really hope it does rain, the race is always more interesting when it does....

And if it does rain all Hincapies opponents might crash out where as he, deserving some luck by this point in his career, stays upright for the win! Hammond second, Stannard third. Now I just have to buy a sniper rifle to ensure this actually happens...

Eldrack said:
I really hope it does rain, the race is always more interesting when it does....

And if it does rain all Hincapies opponents might crash out where as he, deserving some luck by this point in his career, stays upright for the win! Hammond second, Stannard third. Now I just have to buy a sniper rifle to ensure this actually happens...
LOL. And everyone will crash because their stem cracks... :D

Boonen:

"I have shown [in Flanders] that I am once again at the top of the list of the favourites," warned Boonen. "I am good enough to do a number in Hell. I don't have to rely on my sprint on Sunday; I can do it with power."

Bro Deal said:
Boonen:

"I have shown [in Flanders] that I am once again at the top of the list of the favourites," warned Boonen. "I am good enough to do a number in Hell. I don't have to rely on my sprint on Sunday; I can do it with power."

"I have shown [in Flanders] that I am once again at the top of the list of the favourites," warned Boonen. "I am good enough to do a number in Hell. I don't have to rely on my sprint on Sunday; I can do it with blood boosting."

I'd love to see Flecha win P-R.
He's a superb rider.

But if I had to bet the deeds of the house - I'm going with Cancellara.
(I'll probably be homeless, come Monday).

Kiss of death, Fabian's my bet.

cyclingheroes said:
PR=ASO=NO ASTANA....

I go for Boonen. But Thunder... as you probebly know by now Boonen is my pick but... I hope for Gilbert...
The only problem is... Gilbert won't start.

I would love to see O'Grady win it again.
I'll pick Flecha for the win.

Live on SBS in Aust. can't wait, it's a rare treat.

Hah! Cavendish is starting for High Road. He'll last all of the first 100km maybe. Can't see him wanting to ride down the Arenberg section if he thinks sprinting at Ghent Wevelgem is too dangerous :p. Still 5 Brits starting which can only be a good thing. Maybe an early 5 man break to go away and claim the top 5 places. Bring it on.

fscyclist said:
Anyone know a way to watch the race in the US for free? Internet broadcast?
I read something on Bicycling.com about whatching it live. Then theres cycling tv.

Crankyfeet said:
Was O'Grady let go in error last year because everyone was marking Cancellara?
Cancellara was cooked and CSC gave O'Grady the all clear. He simply dropped the hammer and left then floundering.

Malkmus said:
O'Grady looked real strong today.
Why do you say this? Has O'Grady fully recovered from injury?