Paris-Roubaix WOOT!!

"Parbs" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> If only the SBS programming department had half a clue
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007/apr07/roubaix07/?id=results
>
> Parbs

Only got one serious reply to my asking about betting on the guys and
although i'm sure everyone was cheering on Stuey they probably weren't as
much as me. :-D I could of lost the $20 and not cared at all but I'll take
this especially after picking Ballan two weeks ago to make it 2/2 in the one
day races this month :-D

http://www.121s.com/viewtopic.php?p=181422#181422

Pretty stoked this morning on a bunch of levels and couldn't be happier
seeing such a great bloke getting a break thru win and such prestigious one
too.

Go STUEY!

Stuey...

"true grit"

AND he now leads the Pro Tour standings

one gutsy rider...and a nice bloke

A great solid start to the season and after watching him on E3 Prijs Vlaanderen on Simply.TV where he bridged to the leaders, got dropped and came back and hung in for a tough faught 9th against the best, I had this feeling in the water ,so to speak , that he was on the brink of a Classic win & that 2007 Paris Roubaix was his if he stayed near the front and watched the moves ( and even allowing for a puncture)

...what a ride one of the all time classic wins.

This is one "Sunday in Hell" DVD to get...

This is fully cool, he must be stoked to bits!!

Congratulations Stuey - you deserve every accolade.

gm

Bleve said:
Llama? Torrent? :)

Not sure at this stage... Eurosport only had the audio coverage online, I'm hoping there was some English coverage somewhere that was capped. Given the length of the race and the fact its only been 8hrs (?) since the finish, I'd expect something to be floating around by the end of the day. It'll be a damn good watch no doubt!

On Apr 16, 10:52 am, gplama <gplama.2p3...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Bleve Wrote:
>

> > Llama? Torrent? :)

> Not sure at this stage... Eurosport only had the audio coverage online,
> I'm hoping there was some English coverage somewhere that was capped.
> Given the length of the race and the fact its only been 8hrs (?) since
> the finish, I'd expect something to be floating around by the end of
> the day. It'll be a damn good watch no doubt!

You bet. How was Colleraine?

I hear, windy ....

Bleve said:
You bet. How was Colleraine?

I hear, windy ....

for me... not worth mentioning. Spat off the back at the first KOM with people who didn't want to work turns to get back on. Solo for the next 10kms then rolled around helping people with their mechanicals.

DaveB wrote:
> Parbs wrote:
>> If only the SBS programming department had half a clue
>>
>> http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007/apr07/roubaix07/?id=results
>>
>> Parbs

> Nooooooooooooooooo, anyone in Melb manage to view it via alternative
> means and record it?
>
> DaveB

Hmmm, a cryptic comment on transitions.org.au suggests it will be
televised SBS April 29 at 11am. Guess we wait and see.

DaveB

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 09:50:22 +1000, gravelmuncher
<[email protected]> wrote:

>This is fully cool, he must be stoked to bits!!
>
>Congratulations Stuey - you deserve every accolade.
>
>gm

http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/12067.0.html

"I punctured halfway through the Arenberg and I rode about 1km with a
flat tire. I came out of the Arenberg about one minute behind the lead
group and I thought it was pretty much over then," said O'Grady, who
patiently worked his way back to the front group of favorites. "I
looked around and everyone was looking pretty hammered. We came out of
one section and it was all twos and threes. I was still feeling not as
bad as everyone looked."

gravelmuncher said:
This is fully cool, he must be stoked to bits!!

Congratulations Stuey - you deserve every accolade.

Have a relatively minor question. On my blog I've declared April 16 as Stuart O'Grady Day. Now should SO'G Day be actually the 15th? Or should the drinking session extend for the entire week or as long as we see fit? ;)

cfsmtb said:
...should SO'G Day be actually the 15th? Or should the drinking session extend for the entire week or as long as we see fit? ;)

Entire week for this the inaugural commemoration - specifically the celebration. In regard to the ANNUAL commemoration, I motion for the 16th AND 17th - specifically to celebrate the win AND the rest day. :D

Allow me to also highlight the point to which, if the 16th and/or 17th happen to fall on a weekend, the commemorations are to be maintained appropriately through the nearest working days.

It's the least we can do.

gm

On Apr 16, 5:21 pm, DaveB <[email protected]> wrote:
> DaveB wrote:
> > Parbs wrote:
> >> If only the SBS programming department had half a clue

> >>http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007/apr07/roubaix07/?id=results

> >> Parbs

> > Nooooooooooooooooo, anyone in Melb manage to view it via alternative
> > means and record it?

> > DaveB

> Hmmm, a cryptic comment on transitions.org.au suggests it will be
> televised SBS April 29 at 11am. Guess we wait and see.
>
> DaveB

Just looked on the SBS site. 11am on this Sunday 22nd. W00t.
I was up listening to Eurosport and got the missus (who is a big fan
of Stuey) up at the 20kay to go mark. Good times.

Gumby said:
gravelmuncher wrote:

April 16 & 17 for an aussie bloodnut and freckle face, per annum
so let it be Gazetted for one and all.....

April 16 & 17 - "True Blue Day(s)" - Australian National Holiday(s)

anyone know anyone in the Govt Printer's Office who can sneak this in?

gravelmuncher wrote:
> cfsmtb Wrote:
>> ...should SO'G Day be actually the 15th? Or should the drinking session
>> extend for the entire week or as long as we see fit? ;)

> Entire week for this the inaugural commemoration - specifically the
> celebration. In regard to the ANNUAL commemoration, I motion for the
> 16th AND 17th - specifically to celebrate the win AND the rest day. :D
>

> Allow me to also highlight the point to which, if the 16th and/or 17
> happen to fall on a weekend, the commemorations are to be maintained
> appropriately through the nearest working days.
>
> It's the least we can do.
>
> gm

top effort
rephrase TOP effort

yes jolly good that

blah said:
On Apr 16, 5:21 pm, DaveB <[email protected]> wrote:
> DaveB wrote:
> > Parbs wrote:
> >> If only the SBS programming department had half a clue

> >>http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007/apr07/roubaix07/?id=results

> >> Parbs

> > Nooooooooooooooooo, anyone in Melb manage to view it via alternative
> > means and record it?

> > DaveB

> Hmmm, a cryptic comment on transitions.org.au suggests it will be
> televised SBS April 29 at 11am. Guess we wait and see.
>
> DaveB

Just looked on the SBS site. 11am on this Sunday 22nd. W00t.
I was up listening to Eurosport and got the missus (who is a big fan
of Stuey) up at the 20kay to go mark. Good times.
11am on the 22nd is the Tour of Flanders
11am on the 29th is Paris-Roubaix

Ash - setting the recorder now

On Apr 18, 11:13 am, a5hi5m <a5hi5m.2p7...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> blah Wrote:

> > alternative

> > > Hmmm, a cryptic comment on transitions.org.au suggests it will be
> > > televised SBS April 29 at 11am. Guess we wait and see.

> > > DaveB

> > Just looked on the SBS site. 11am on this Sunday 22nd. W00t.
> > I was up listening to Eurosport and got the missus (who is a big fan
> > of Stuey) up at the 20kay to go mark. Good times.

> 11am on the 22nd is the Tour of Flanders
> 11am on the 29th is Paris-Roubaix
>
> Ash - setting the recorder now

Hmmnn... I was confused* by this on their cycling central site:

Cycling Central is in recess for a few months, but it doesn't mean the
wheels stop turning on SBS TV.
DON'T MISS THIS On Sunday 22 April at 11am SBS TV has a one-hour
highlights program of the Paris-Roubaix won by Australian star Stuart
O'Grady.
from: http://www21.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/

I'm going to blame that fool Tomalaris. Bugger; was hoping to see it
before we leave on Friday 27th.

*lied to

On Apr 18, 11:13 am, a5hi5m <a5hi5m.2p7...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> blah Wrote:

> > alternative

> > > Hmmm, a cryptic comment on transitions.org.au suggests it will be
> > > televised SBS April 29 at 11am. Guess we wait and see.

> > > DaveB

> > Just looked on the SBS site. 11am on this Sunday 22nd. W00t.
> > I was up listening to Eurosport and got the missus (who is a big fan
> > of Stuey) up at the 20kay to go mark. Good times.

> 11am on the 22nd is the Tour of Flanders
> 11am on the 29th is Paris-Roubaix
>
> Ash - setting the recorder now
>
> --
> a5hi5m- Hide quoted text -

Actually, they may change their schedule in light of Stuey's win.
Wouldn't surprise me.

On 2007-04-18, blah (aka Bruce)
> On Apr 18, 11:13 am, a5hi5m <a5hi5m.2p7...@no-
> mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
>> blah Wrote:
>> 11am on the 22nd is the Tour of Flanders
>> 11am on the 29th is Paris-Roubaix
>>
>> Ash - setting the recorder now
>>

> Actually, they may change their schedule in light of Stuey's win.
> Wouldn't surprise me.

In the hope that fewer people read the spoilers between last week and
then?

--
TimC
I like the US government, makes the Aussie one look less dumb