Paris - Roubaix

hombredesubaru said:
It is a French race right?
When did frog last win this thing. Hinault? Didnt Madiot win it later?
I'll bet no French rider comes within five minutes of the lead group.
Any takers?
Yeah, me...
What's the offer?
I'm offering you cycling in the Belgrade... The capital with best cycling terrain in Europe... And most beautiful girls... Ask some Belgians if you don't believe me...
Be careful what you're offering... I'm Serb;)

Dead Star said:
no doubt there's white stains in every disco fan's house right now :rolleyes:
The rider from Unibet named matte Pronk...Is he the son of Bert Pronk of the old Ti-Raleigh team ???????

steve said:
cause Hincapie gets a top 10 today?

urr no, because he's looking like the guy with the best position to win it.

if 'big george' loses this, Musette will hang herself :eek:

Dead Star said:
urr no, because he's looking like the guy with the best position to win it.

if 'big george' loses this, Musette will hang herself :eek:
Boonen can do anything but if its the numbers game Disco should do it. This will help George psychologically. It will also hold Boonen back from flipping out and attacking everyone, He has to conserve.

hombredesubaru said:
Boonen can do anything but if its the numbers game Disco should do it. This will help George psychologically. It will also hold Boonen back from flipping out and attacking everyone, He has to conserve.
The action starts with about 15km/s left...But what was george doing in the back when that last small attack happened?

Oh my god!!!!!! I can't believe they were in there, Boonen isolated, their three strongest riders..... broke his fork. I am crushed.:mad: :mad: :( :(

9kms to go - Cancellara looks home and dry unless he gets a mechanical.

Bad planning with that train coming through at the end of the race.
Flecha and Boonen held up by it.

Dead Star said:
Nicely done Cancellara :cool:
Cancellara did a good race but given that Gusev and Hoste could drop Boonen, Flecha and the rest and Hoste beat PVP in a sprint, there is no question GEORGE WOULD HAVE WON.
unbelievable...

hombredesubaru said:
Cancellara did a good race but given that Gusev and Hoste could drop Boonen, Flecha and the rest and Hoste beat PVP in a sprint, there is no question GEORGE WOULD HAVE WON.
unbelievable...
That's just terrible, I can't believe his luck. Props to Cancellara though, good to see a CSC rider other than Basso succeeding.

Good grief - you really do perceive everything through Disco coloured glasses don't you, hombre?

It would have played out exactly the same - Gusev making the attack for Hincapie who would have been at the back of the group and in no position to follow - did you not see the ease with which Cancellara dropped Gusev. If you truly think Hincapie would have been in a position to profit from Gusev's work (and I assume you did watch the race and saw that Hincapie, great wheel follower that he is, never got off the back of the group and missed the move when Boonen went) and would have won this race - well, guess I'll leave you to your cloud cuckoo land.

Just shows - you can give out new equipment like sweeties and you can put Bruyneel in the team car and Disco still can't win a Classic

guys, I am going ask this once. Can we not prop how george would have won or attack him for the rest of the day? he is a really nice guy, great teammate, has used mediocre talent very well throughout a great career. His team was loooking really good... and he had really bad luck, is devastated, and probably has a broken collar bone. It was a great race, the field found a way to break Boonen. Cancellara had an amazing ride. There were trains. Great race. I just hope we can lay off george today out of respect.

Hilarious - the rules say they should have waited when the level crossing barriers came down but they didn't, though the Boonen group had to.

Gusev, PVP, Hoste disqualified and Boonen takes 2nd - not a bad season in the Rainbow stripes so far :D