Paris - Roubaix

whiteboytrash said:
The new CycleSport magazine has just come out with Boonen on the front cover under the title "The hardest working man in cycling"...... inside it details just how hard he works.... I have new respect for the man..... interesting he plans to retire at a young age because he want to spend more time with his girlfriend and soon wife...... what a guy.
As far as i know he wants to retire at the age of 30 (he said that in an interview with sportwereld.be, i think it was in Ferbuary..)

5 days passed, but what the hell, I'll drop my thoughts anyway...

A fantastic Cancellara took what he deserved. The only person who could prevent him from winning was Booned but not in last Sundays' condition. Fabian did the decisive split in the Arrenberg, prevent the Quick-Step train to get back to the leader. He placed an attack at each difficult sector (4 or 5 stars as they are characterized).
The next big (at least impressive) thing was Flecha. He had what the french call "panache". A huge animator of the race. Maybe,though, he has to reconsider the way he attacks or the moment. At the end he was totally drained.
As for George. Bad luck that's for sure but also poor showing. No attacks even though he had the most resources with 2 team-mates on his side. Actually Hoste showed as strong as George and his style of riding hadn't made clear enough to me (at least) that Hincapie was the sole leader. Justified enough for a rider who slightly lost the Tour of Flanders just 10 days ago.
News to come? Alessandro Ballan. His skinny body makes you believe that it has nothing to do with such a race, but he was great and has all the future in front of him. And he's a classy sprinter too, a handy skill for Roubaix's velodrome on the years to come.

whiteboytrash said:
The new CycleSport magazine has just come out with Boonen on the front cover under the title "The hardest working man in cycling"...... inside it details just how hard he works.... I have new respect for the man..... interesting he plans to retire at a young age because he want to spend more time with his girlfriend and soon wife...... what a guy.
Wow. What a novel approach to PR.
Hard work, Busting your butt.
Reminds me of a Nike commercial from 2000.
"What am I on? I'm on bike bike, busting my ass six hours a day. WHat are YOU on?"

The same stuff Lance was saying for the past eight years.
I guess Boonen did learn something from being on Postal that year.