Park City Nationals

Yippie Kye Ay said:
Is anybody here planning on competing in Park City for nationals?

http://parkcitycyclingfest.com/
i will probably go out for the TT and thats it, after a couple days at altitude your body doesn't function at it potential.

After the tt in salt lake i am probably heading to t-town to do final prep for track nationals, july 6-9.

gee.bike said:
i will probably go out for the TT and thats it, after a couple days at altitude your body doesn't function at it potential.

After the tt in salt lake i am probably heading to t-town to do final prep for track nationals, july 6-9.
Anybody did it last year and knows how fast the tt course is? I heard the road race was hilly, but not sure on the tt. speeds looked moderately fast.

The time trial last year was rather flat. Another thing is you must be upgraded to a CAT 3 to race 15-18 to ensure you have enough racing experience.

The best part about Park City is the elevation is actually lower than where I live and train. Therefore giving me a advantage.
smile.gif

Yippie Kye Ay said:
The time trial last year was rather flat. Another thing is you must be upgraded to a CAT 3 to race 15-18 to ensure you have enough racing experience.

The best part about Park City is the elevation is actually lower than where I live and train. Therefore giving me a advantage.
smile.gif
I found the altitude profiles on the website. They're pretty cool. The TT looks like it has one pretty long drag at 2-3 percent, but thats it. Plus it's at a good altitude for a fast time.

Where did you see that you have to be a cat 3? I hadn't heard that before. I guess it could just be for 17-18 and not 15-16.

whoawhoa said:
I found the altitude profiles on the website. They're pretty cool. The TT looks like it has one pretty long drag at 2-3 percent, but thats it. Plus it's at a good altitude for a fast time.

Where did you see that you have to be a cat 3? I hadn't heard that before. I guess it could just be for 17-18 and not 15-16.

the tt course has 2 noticeable hills,

one i think is about 2km in length, when your from indiana thats a lot of uphill. it is a fast course though.

the road course isn't too bad, but again their are 2 climbs per lap, but they weren't decisive at all.

you do have to be a cat 3. to race 15-16 and 17-18, if you're not then its not worth spending the time and money anyway.

whoawhoa said:

Junior Rules

Time Trial Rules

Rule 1. Individual Time Trials are open to all Categories: Male Cat 1-5 Female Cat 1-4

Road Race Rules

Rule 1. Junior Men age groups 10-12 and 13-14 you must be a Cat 1-5; age groups 15-16 and 17-18 you must be Cat 1-3
Rule 2. Junior Women age groups 10-12 thru 17-18 you must be a Cat 1-4

Criterium Rules

Rule 1. Junior Men age groups 10-12 and 13-14 you must be a Cat 1-5; age groups 15-16 and 17-18 you must be Cat 1-3

Yippie Kye Ay said:
Junior Rules

Time Trial Rules

Rule 1. Individual Time Trials are open to all Categories: Male Cat 1-5 Female Cat 1-4

Road Race Rules

Criterium Rules

Now that it's over, what did everybody think? I didn't go but am interested in hearing how the racing went. TT times looked slower than last year, must have been windy.