Park City Nationals

Discussion in 'Next Generation' started by Yippie Kye Ay, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Yippie Kye Ay

Yippie Kye Ay New Member

Tags:

2. gee.bike

gee.bike New Member

i will probably go out for the TT and thats it, after a couple days at altitude your body doesn't function at it potential.

After the tt in salt lake i am probably heading to t-town to do final prep for track nationals, july 6-9.

3. whoawhoa

whoawhoa New Member

Anybody did it last year and knows how fast the tt course is? I heard the road race was hilly, but not sure on the tt. speeds looked moderately fast.

4. Yippie Kye Ay

Yippie Kye Ay New Member

The time trial last year was rather flat. Another thing is you must be upgraded to a CAT 3 to race 15-18 to ensure you have enough racing experience.

The best part about Park City is the elevation is actually lower than where I live and train. Therefore giving me a advantage.[​IMG]

5. whoawhoa

whoawhoa New Member

I found the altitude profiles on the website. They're pretty cool. The TT looks like it has one pretty long drag at 2-3 percent, but thats it. Plus it's at a good altitude for a fast time.

Where did you see that you have to be a cat 3? I hadn't heard that before. I guess it could just be for 17-18 and not 15-16.

6. gee.bike

gee.bike New Member

the tt course has 2 noticeable hills,

one i think is about 2km in length, when your from indiana thats a lot of uphill. it is a fast course though.

the road course isn't too bad, but again their are 2 climbs per lap, but they weren't decisive at all.

you do have to be a cat 3. to race 15-16 and 17-18, if you're not then its not worth spending the time and money anyway.

7. Yippie Kye Ay

Yippie Kye Ay New Member

Junior Rules

Time Trial Rules

Rule 1. Individual Time Trials are open to all Categories: Male Cat 1-5 Female Cat 1-4

Road Race Rules

Rule 1. Junior Men age groups 10-12 and 13-14 you must be a Cat 1-5; age groups 15-16 and 17-18 you must be Cat 1-3
    Rule 2. Junior Women age groups 10-12 thru 17-18 you must be a Cat 1-4

Criterium Rules

Rule 1. Junior Men age groups 10-12 and 13-14 you must be a Cat 1-5; age groups 15-16 and 17-18 you must be Cat 1-3
    Rule 2. Junior Women age groups 10-12 thru 17-18 you must be a Cat 1-4

8. whoawhoa

whoawhoa New Member

Now that it's over, what did everybody think? I didn't go but am interested in hearing how the racing went. TT times looked slower than last year, must have been windy.