Parking at Manchester Velodrome

Andy Howes

Guest
Can anyone tell me what the position is re parking for spectators at the
above. (World Track Cup in less than two weeks).

I used to go regularly and there was plenty of undeveloped land just a
minutes walk away.

They were not letting spectators use the Velodrome car park at that time.

What is the position today - is it still free ?

Andy

Andy Howes wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what the position is re parking for spectators at the
> above. (World Track Cup in less than two weeks).
>
> I used to go regularly and there was plenty of undeveloped land just a
> minutes walk away.
>
> They were not letting spectators use the Velodrome car park at that time.
>
> What is the position today - is it still free ?
>
> Andy

I went to Revo 6 and it was free to park to the side of the 'drome, on
the left through the gates. Not sure if it'll fill up quickly though.
Other folks were using the Asda car park next door. Competitors and
officials park round the back.

That was pretty fast reply - thanks. Is the Asda store on the plot where we
used to park - dead opposite the velodrome ?

Andy

"MSeries" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Andy Howes wrote:
>> Can anyone tell me what the position is re parking for spectators at the
>> above. (World Track Cup in less than two weeks).
>>
>> I used to go regularly and there was plenty of undeveloped land just a
>> minutes walk away.
>>
>> They were not letting spectators use the Velodrome car park at that time.
>>
>> What is the position today - is it still free ?
>>
>> Andy
>>

> I went to Revo 6 and it was free to park to the side of the 'drome, on the
> left through the gates. Not sure if it'll fill up quickly though. Other
> folks were using the Asda car park next door. Competitors and officials
> park round the back.

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 09:34:01 GMT, "Andy Howes"
<andy'[email protected]> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me what the position is re parking for spectators at the
>above. (World Track Cup in less than two weeks).
>
>I used to go regularly and there was plenty of undeveloped land just a
>minutes walk away.
>
>They were not letting spectators use the Velodrome car park at that time.
>
>What is the position today - is it still free ?
>
>Andy

They use the car-park at the velodrome then over-spill into the ASDA
car-park if needed. Looks like the WC won't be as busy as the Rev. I'd
love to be there, but it's not a great time of year...

Regards!
Stephen