Parking + charges Upper Langdale / ODG

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by SteveO, Aug 18, 2004.

  1. SteveO

    SteveO Guest

    Tags:

  2. Nick Andrews

    Nick Andrews Guest

    I left my car overnight for two nights at the National Trust campsite. The
    charge for two nights was five pounds. I phoned to arrange it before, and
    there was no problem.

    Nick Andrews

    <SteveO> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > Anyone know what the current situation is for o/night parking in Upper
    > Langdale / the ODG, with respect to availability, cost, etc., at the
    > mo.?
    >

    > Chairs,
    >

    > SteveO
    >
    > NE Climbers & walkers chat forum;
    > http://www.thenmc.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php
    >
    > NMC website: http://www.thenmc.org.uk

  3. steve Wilcox

    steve Wilcox Guest

    "Nick Andrews" wrote

    > I left my car overnight for two nights at the National Trust campsite. The
    > charge for two nights was five pounds. I phoned to arrange it before, and
    > there was no problem.

    Smart move - I do this at the Wasdale site.
    Cars parked on campsites at night appeal less to the criminal element than
    do cars left on car parks. I enjoy my nights on the fells a lot more knowing
    that . . . . . .

    --
    Peace !

    Steve Wilcox

    "If Whisky Don't Kill Me I'll Live 'Til I Die"

    [email protected]

  4. Nick Pedley

    Nick Pedley Guest

    "steve Wilcox" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Nick Andrews" wrote
    >
    > > I left my car overnight for two nights at the National Trust campsite.

    The
    > > charge for two nights was five pounds. I phoned to arrange it before,

    and
    > > there was no problem.
    > >

    > Smart move - I do this at the Wasdale site.
    > Cars parked on campsites at night appeal less to the criminal element than
    > do cars left on car parks. I enjoy my nights on the fells a lot more

    knowing
    > that . . . . . .

    I arranged to park outside the Barn Door Shop which has a camera pointed at
    the car park, felt quite safe there.

    Nick

  5. SteveO

    SteveO Guest

    On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:21:40 GMT, "Nick Andrews"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I left my car overnight for two nights at the National Trust campsite. The
    >charge for two nights was five pounds. I phoned to arrange it before, and
    >there was no problem.

    Thanks for info, wasn't able to make use of ATEOTD, plans were changed
    once we got to the lakes.

    SteveO

    NE Climbers & walkers chat forum;
    http://www.thenmc.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php