Parp Parp

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Stephen Gower, Mar 3, 2003.

  1. I finally attempted to fit my Christmas present, an Airzound 2, to my bike this weekend, but I'm a
    little concerned about leaving it attached all the time. Has anyone modified one to have some sort
    of quick release, and if so, how?

    --
    Selah

    Tags:

  2. Stephen Gower <[email protected]> wrote:
    > [Airzound 2]
    >
    > Has anyone modified one to have some sort of quick release, and if so, how?

    Ignore me, I'm being daft.
    --
    Selah

  3. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    Stephen Gower scribbled:

    > I finally attempted to fit my Christmas present, an Airzound 2, to my bike this weekend, but I'm
    > a little concerned about leaving it attached all the time. Has anyone modified one to have some
    > sort of quick release, and if so, how?

    Not quite the same thing, but I use releasable tie wraps for my trail tyre pump ..

    Maplins.. http://www.maplin.co.uk/

    Code Length Max dia (mm)

    PE83E 125 33

    PE84F 150 38

    PE85G 200 51

    PE86T 300 84

    --

    My house is FOR SALE ... http://tinyurl.com/69r0

  4. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 17:00:42 +0000 (UTC), Stephen Gower <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Ignore me, I'm being daft.

    Ah, thanks for saving me the bother :)

  5. > Ignore me, I'm being daft.
    >--
    > Selah

    At last! Someone else on the group who is daft! It's not just me! :)

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  6. Terry

    Terry Guest

    wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > Ignore me, I'm being daft.
    > >--
    > > Selah
    >
    > At last! Someone else on the group who is daft! It's not just me! :)
    >
    > Cheers, helen s
    >

    > ~~~~~~~~~~
    > Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending
    > reply!
    >
    > Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the
    keyboaRRRDdd
    > ~~~~~~~~~~

    Now that is daft, if not impossible!!!

  7. Stephen Gower <[email protected]> wrote:
    ( Ifinally attempted to fit my Christmas present, an Airzound 2, to ) my bike this weekend, ...

    Oooooh. Can we have a demonstration... see if Guy can hear it from Reading?

  8. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On 3 Mar 2003 20:30:17 -0000, [email protected] (Geraint Jones) wrote:

    >Can we have a demonstration... see if Guy can hear it from Reading?

    Lean out of your window & see if you can hear mine - there, did you get it?

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  9. Elyob

    Elyob Guest

    > On 3 Mar 2003 20:30:17 -0000, [email protected] (Geraint Jones) wrote:
    >
    > >Can we have a demonstration... see if Guy can hear it from Reading?
    >
    > Lean out of your window & see if you can hear mine - there, did you get it?

    Won't an Airzound scare the wibblies out of any ramblers? Does it not also take up a water bottle
    position? I just bought a bell .. think that'll have to do for now :)

  10. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Stephen Gower wrote:
    >> [Airzound 2]
    >>
    >> Has anyone modified one to have some sort of quick release, and if so, how?
    >
    > Ignore me, I'm being daft.

    I must be daft for thinking that wasn't a daft question ;-(

    --
    ~PB FA: 62cm Ti frame: http://tinyurl.com/6stt

  11. Geraint Jones <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Stephen Gower <[email protected]> wrote:
    > ( Ifinally attempted to fit my Christmas present, an Airzound 2, to ) my bike this weekend, ...
    >
    >Oooooh. Can we have a demonstration... see if Guy can hear it from Reading?

    Next time I pass you!

    --
    Selah

  12. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

  13. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

  14. Stephen Gower wrote:

    > Stephen Gower <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > [Airzound 2]
    > >
    > > Has anyone modified one to have some sort of quick release, and if so, how?
    >
    > Ignore me, I'm being daft.

    Conversely, mine (or bits of it) tend to fall off when I hit it hard (in the heat of the moment). So
    I've put a bit of cotton round it and the handlebars to catch it.

    Colin McKenzie

  15. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

  16. J-P.S

    J-P.S Guest

    On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 10:08:18 -0000, Tony W scrawled: ) >
    http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/airzound.wav ) ) Sounds more like a gnat being castrated.

    Your volume may vary. But don't worry: volume isn't everything.

    J-P
    --
    December 5, 1930: Hitler annexes all pavement.

  17. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "j-p.s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 10:08:18 -0000, Tony W scrawled: ) >
    > http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/airzound.wav ) ) Sounds more like a gnat being castrated.
    >
    > Your volume may vary. But don't worry: volume isn't everything.

    It wasn't the volume I was particularly commenting on -- it was the rather whincy little peep peeep.

    I thought these things were designed to scare the bejebbers out of a cager at 50 yards (and a
    pavement lemming at 1000). That wouldn't be heard above Classic FM let alone one of those discos on
    wheels playing shed music :)

  18. "j-p.s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 10:08:18 -0000, Tony W scrawled: ) >
    > http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/airzound.wav ) ) Sounds more like a gnat being castrated.
    >
    > Your volume may vary. But don't worry: volume isn't everything.

    <personal loan advert>

    "Your volume may go up as well as down"

    </personal loan advert>

    Sorry, couldn't resist it. Now, where did I put me coat?

    David E. Belcher

    Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

  19. "Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote: ( Geraint Jones asked: ) > Oooooh. Can we have a
    demonstration... see if Guy can hear it from ( > Reading? ) ( OK - turn your speakers right up -
    ready? ) http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/airzound.wav

    Ah, thank you. Not to get too involved in the OS thread, but that made me find out why I couldn't
    get any sound out of my computer; and I realised I hadn't yet got around to a reboot since I
    upgraded the kernel about a month ago.

    It sounds a bit weedy, though: you need a better microphone.

  20. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Geraint Jones wrote:
    > It sounds a bit weedy, though: you need a better microphone.

    I'm quite happy with my microphone, and at least it was free :p

    I think people ignored my instruction to turn their speakers right up. I gave myself a headache
    recording it, anyway. Using an AirZound indoors is a really bad idea.

    Thomas Paine