Participants wanted- helmet study short online survey

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jack Hardwicke, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Jack Hardwicke

Jack Hardwicke New Member

Hi all, I’m part of a research project looking into competitive cyclists’ perceptions of helmet use and we are looking for participants. It is a short online survey (5 mins max) for any age (18+), ability, discipline and genders. Please click on the link below to complete the survey, thank you!

https://forms.office.com/r/3iPkTkYFHN(link is external)

If you want to find out more about the research, feel free to email me [email protected]

Tags:

2. dabac

dabac Well-Known Member

I found the question about facial injury somewhat silly. It isn’t an either-or thing. Of course even a regular helmet offers SOME protection against facial injuries. Temples, brows, cheek bones receive some protection. Chin, nose, lower jaw - not so much.
    Likewise the ones about helmet replacement. I do a fair amount of utility riding. Helmets in regular use picks up scuffs and dimple-sized indentations VERY soon. I’d have to subscribe to them if those were valid causes for replacement.
    Replacing a cracked helmet - certainly. Replacing an intact helmet after a known hard hit - sure. Replacing a helmet only b/c it was worn during a tumble with no known significant head impact - I don’t think so.