Parts in Europe

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Rorschandt, Feb 24, 2003.

  1. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

    Someone recently asked for a parts company closer to home, the UK I think. Well, I stumbled
    across this today http://www.zephyr.nl/shop/enter.html I know it isn't UK, but is at least on the
    right side of the pond. I've not done biz with them, and as the page is in dutch, I know little
    else about it.

    happy trails, rorschandt

    Tags:

  2. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

    rorschandt <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Someone recently asked for a parts company closer to home, the UK I think. Well, I stumbled across
    > this today http://www.zephyr.nl/shop/enter.html I know it isn't UK, but is at least on the right
    > side of the pond. I've not done biz with them, and as the page is in dutch, I know little else
    > about it.
    >
    > happy trails, rorschandt

    Additionally, I found this links page
    http://www.mtbstar.com/mb-link4.htm

    happy trails, rorschandt

  3. I have done business with them (him?) a couple of time with success. I didn't allways get exactly
    what I wanted, but a little extra is allways put in the bag, and the prices are low. If you can find
    the parts here : http://www.ligfiets.net/hafa/ then zephyr can deliver. I prefer zephyr because af
    the PayPal thing. Zephyr is a small business, so don't expect things to be in stock.

    regards, Torben

    "rorschandt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Someone recently asked for a parts company closer to home, the UK I think. Well, I stumbled across
    > this today http://www.zephyr.nl/shop/enter.html I know it isn't UK, but is at least on the right
    > side of the pond. I've not done biz with them, and as the page is in dutch, I know little else
    > about it.
    >
    > happy trails, rorschandt

  4. "Torben Scheel" skrev ...
    > I have done business with them (him?) a couple of time with success. I didn't allways get exactly
    > what I wanted, but a little extra is allways put in the bag, and the prices are low. If you can
    > find the parts here : http://www.ligfiets.net/hafa/ then zephyr can deliver. I prefer zephyr
    > because af the PayPal thing. Zephyr is a small business, so don't expect things to be in stock.

    They do have these nifty Vuelta Airline rims in 406/559 and matching colors. Getting my greasy
    little paws on them is another matter.

    First time around the order vanished in a computercrash at his end. Second time it just vanished in
    the mail. Except for the bill. It got here fine. ;-)

    I'm hoping the third time will prove the charm, so I can get wheels built. I am however not holding
    my breath.

    Mikael

  5. Mikael Seierup wrote:
    > They do have these nifty Vuelta Airline rims in 406/559 and matching colors. Getting my greasy
    > little paws on them is another matter.
    >
    > First time around the order vanished in a computercrash at his end. Second time it just vanished
    > in the mail. Except for the bill. It got here fine. ;-)
    >
    > I'm hoping the third time will prove the charm, so I can get wheels built. I am however not
    > holding my breath.
    >
    > Mikael

    Danny (the guy that runs Zephyr) will go great lengths to get your stuff delivered. But also Hafa
    and most other duthc recumbent (part) stores do overseas shipping. My experience is that Royal Mail
    is not always equally reliable.....

    Kees, has received perfect service from Zephyr, from Hafa and others, van Malssen Dutch, living in
    the UK, now with a perfect child recumbent http://www.r-en-d.demon.nl/kees/wielewaalUK.html

  6. "Kees van Malssen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Mikael Seierup wrote:
    > > They do have these nifty Vuelta Airline rims in 406/559 and matching
    colors.
    > > Getting my greasy little paws on them is another matter.
    > >
    > > First time around the order vanished in a computercrash at his end. Second time it just vanished
    > > in the mail. Except for the bill. It got
    here fine. ;-)

    > > I'm hoping the third time will prove the charm, so I can get wheels
    built.
    > > I am however not holding my breath.
    > >
    > > Mikael
    >
    > Danny (the guy that runs Zephyr) will go great lengths to get your stuff delivered. But also Hafa
    > and most other duthc recumbent (part) stores do overseas shipping. My experience is that Royal
    > Mail is not always equally reliable.....
    >
    > Kees, has received perfect service from Zephyr, from Hafa and others, van Malssen Dutch, living in
    > the UK, now with a perfect child recumbent http://www.r-en-d.demon.nl/kees/wielewaalUK.html

    404 - Page Not Found ?? (I'm curious - my kids recumbent :
    http://www.hpv-klub.dk/selvbygger/juniorHPV/default.asp)

  7. My rims showed up from Zephyr today. One polish fronthub to go and I can get wheels built.

    Mikael

  8. Zephyr aka Danny Siepman. A reputable cove, having been a high-up in the NVHPV and local agent for
    mags such as BCQ and Velovision. Unlikely to vanish overnight, IMHO, though I have not personally
    done business with the chap.

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  9. Congrats! Maybe they were custom made just for you ;-)

    > My rims showed up from Zephyr today. One polish fronthub to go and I can get wheels built.
    >
    > Mikael

  10. > "Kees van Malssen" wrote...

    > > Danny (the guy that runs Zephyr) will go great lengths to get your stuff delivered. But also
    > > Hafa and most other duthc recumbent (part) stores do overseas shipping. My experience is that
    > > Royal Mail is not always equally reliable.....

    Yes, he has very swift in dealing with it once we discovered that there was a problem. Since this is
    the murky season where things get blown out of proportion I had better stress that I wasn't
    poopoo'ing his business.

    But I wonder what the dutch mail service are doing with the lost rims.

    Regards Mikael

  11. "Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]

    > But I wonder what the dutch mail service are doing with the lost rims.
    Don't they use ligfiets to bring out the post? Hmm, suspicious...

  12. Torben Scheel wrote: [cutting]
    > > Kees, has received perfect service from Zephyr, from Hafa and others, van Malssen Dutch, living
    > > in the UK, now with a perfect child recumbent http://www.r-en-d.demon.nl/kees/wielewaalUK.html
    >
    > 404 - Page Not Found ??

    Oops! I misstype my own pages ;-) Cut away the final l and it works:

    http://www.r-en-d.demon.nl/kees/wielewaalUK.htm

    (I'm curious - my kids recumbent :
    > http://www.hpv-klub.dk/selvbygger/juniorHPV/default.asp)

    Yep, I had a look. But I can't weld and wanted it realy good in one go, with a lot of help!

    Kees, (double checked the link)

  13. Mikael Seierup wrote:
    > Yes, he has very swift in dealing with it once we discovered that there was a problem. Since this
    > is the murky season where things get blown out of proportion I had better stress that I wasn't
    > poopoo'ing his business.
    >
    > But I wonder what the dutch mail service are doing with the lost rims.
    >
    > Regards Mikael

    You'll never know where it went missing :-( But I suspect they use it together with my lost parts to
    built something for themselfes?

    Kees