parts orders next day

Ron Hardin

Guest
Gee, I ordered a bunch of parts from Huffy to stock up for a few years on stuff that's likely to
wear out as well as a needed derailleur, and it came the next day (not unusual for Huffy).

But then an online order from Nashbar came the next day as well, not the usual thing at all.

It helps to be in the same state as both.

The front Zefal fender went on the spare Huffy easily, for what that's worth, making it pleasant on
awful days when the Chief Huffy needs parts.
--
Ron Hardin [email protected]

Ron Hardin wrote:

> The front Zefal fender went on the spare Huffy easily, for what that's worth, making it pleasant
> on awful days when the Chief Huffy needs parts.

How many Huffies in the stable Ron? Two?

What's the criteria for rank amongst the Huffies? Age? Model? Equipment?

Been thinking of investing 100 bucks into one from the local WalMart, but can't really justify
another bike at the moment, no matter how inexpensive.

SMH

Stephen Harding wrote:

> Ron Hardin wrote:
>
> > The front Zefal fender went on the spare Huffy easily, for what that's worth, making it pleasant
> > on awful days when the Chief Huffy needs parts.
>
> How many Huffies in the stable Ron? Two?
>
> What's the criteria for rank amongst the Huffies? Age? Model? Equipment?
>
> Been thinking of investing 100 bucks into one from the local WalMart, but can't really justify
> another bike at the moment, no matter how inexpensive.
>
> SMH

I bought one extra for parts, but it turned out that a lot of the parts weren't quite the same so I
kept it intact as a spare. I put a studded tire on one front wheel, which is very handy to swap on
and off the active bike.

You need the second bike for those odd occasions when the first one needs a part that you don't have
yet; which might be a weekend and a day.

The spare makes me ride more upright so it's not great for extended use; a longer seat post and
different handlebar would cure it but it's not a problem since I use it so infrequently. It has more
of a old-fashioned-cruiser handlebar. I prefer straight bars with bar extenders to drop down for
headwinds or rain, forcing rain onto hat brim instead of glasses.
--
Ron Hardin [email protected]