passengers in vans

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 07:52:53 +0100, "Tony Raven" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Happily I broke his grip fairly easily and they sped off all laughing. What a hoot eh?

>Did you memorise the numberplate and report it?

No.

I realise this is perhaps not a majority view in this group but (sadly) I don't really have much
faith in our police force and justice system. An incident would have to be far more serious than
that for me to consider reporting it. *shrug*

Bob

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 13:31:34 +0100, "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Ar, but assuming that one's brakes are set up conventionally (right = front) and that the oik and
>his oiky mate at the wheel are passing conventionally
>(i.e. on the right), then it would be difficult to hit the front brake instead of the rear.

I managed to apply both front and rear brakes. I was riding on the hoods as they passed and he made
his grab so didn't have to move my hands at all to reach the levers. Afterwards I was quite
surprised at how smoothly it had gone, considering just how dangerous it was. I just braced myself
and wellied on the brakes, it worked a treat.

Their amusement was cut rather short when I caught them at the next set of lights though.

Bob

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 17:35:57 +0100, Call me Bob <[email protected]> wrote:

>I realise this is perhaps not a majority view in this group but (sadly) I don't really have much
>faith in our police force and justice system. An incident would have to be far more serious than
>that for me to consider reporting it. *shrug*

Well Bob, at least you're not in a minority of one. With very rare exceptions, plod in Hampshire
are useless.

Cheers, John

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 17:35:56 +0100, Call me Bob <[email protected]> wrote:

>Their amusement was cut rather short when I caught them at the next set of lights though.

And then...? Don't leave us hanging.

John

In news:[email protected], John's Cat <[email protected]> typed:

> Well Bob, at least you're not in a minority of one. With very rare exceptions, plod in Hampshire
> are useless.

I must have been the rare exception then because I found them immensely helpful when I was knocked
off my bike and it was their diligence in following up witnesses and taking statements that got the
drivers insurance company to pay up.

Tony

--
"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." Mark Twain

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 17:35:57 +0100, Call me Bob <[email protected]> wrote:

>I realise this is perhaps not a majority view in this group but (sadly) I don't really have much
>faith in our police force and justice system. An incident would have to be far more serious than
>that for me to consider reporting it. *shrug*

Department (!!) yesterday and was told that my file had been passed to the Littlehampton
station. The Crash Dept intend to foolow up the case on 5 Sept, 2003. They were unable to tell
me anything more.

James

--
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Larrau.jpg

I had a similar experience with a local muppet on one of those mopeds with the whiney engines. It
went something along the lines of "ffff fff wfffff ff f " - or at least thats all I could make out
through the helmet. Must have been annoyed that i was going faster than him i guess...... "doobrie"