Past Accidents Pain

Volnix

Feb 19, 2011
Hi...

Just curious about this...

I have heard some stories about past accidents getting reactivated when the weather gets colder.

Thing is, now that the weather is getting colder my waist hurts like a m@therf@cker same place where it was hurting when I crashed 5 months ago...

Anybody experienced something similar?

This is gonna go away right? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLdk2C25Z14

Depending on how bad the injury was, the pain may not completely go away.

I had a really good attempt at mangling my body over 22 years ago and my shoulder still feels it when it's cold and damp. It's better than it was but still doesn't feel OK.

I have a lot of problems with arthritis that are aggravated by the weather, but the only serious bike accident I had that caused injury was a few years ago when I broke my collarbone. And I don't mean fractured or cracked like my GP suggested when I saw him for a follow up. I broke it. There's nothing they can do for a broken collar bone accept fit you for a sling and recommend that you keep it as stable as possible. It has got to be the most pain I've ever been in outside of childbirth, and I was still up and riding my bike with my sling on less than ten days later. When it happened I got up and pushed my bike back to where I lived and just yelled outside the apartment building for someone to call 911. They had to cut my jacket off me, there was no way that arm was moving. That happened at the end of the summer and it ached like crazy that winter. So ya, if you've got old injuries its likely that they're going to hurt more than usual when its cold or damp but it will get better as soon as the warm weather reappears. That or you acclimatize to cold damp weather. I always find that damp, more than cold causes old injuries to flare up.
If you're wondering how I managed to break my collar bone in a bike accident, I don't blame you. It seems since it was a one person accident, a pretty hard thing to accomplish. I was biking back from a beer and wine store having done a favor for a neighbor in the apartment building I live in. He asked me to pick him up some cider since the beer and wine store was right by the Indian restaurant that I was going to to pick up a snack, so on the way back I'm biking with a plastic bag hanging off of one bar and a poorly devised take out container in the other hand. I'm biking along and I can't even remember how it is I started to fall but I did and I was determined not to drop my Indian food so like a fool I clung on to it and that's how I took such a bad fall onto my collarbone. My partner was walking by where it happened a few days later and the Indian food was still on the sidewalk but smeared. He said "Ewww, looks like you slipped in somebodies puke, no wonder you fell." I was so embarrassed that it was my Indian food that I just started to laugh and laugh. He never knew why I always laugh when I go by there now. I don't either come to think of it. It wasn't funny.

oh man I live in cold and damp central! I live by the Sea For Fock sake...

I also had a similar injury last summer on my leg. If that starts hurting too its probably that.

They advertize de-humidifiers around here...

I was seriously injured as a teen when I was practicing some tricks on my skateboard. Fell down on the hard concrete ground and almost broke my elbow. In any case, it was pretty messed up and I had to get a ton of stitches. Couldn't move my arm for at least 2 weeks and it took quite a while to heal. I sometimes experience quick, sharp pains on that elbow or even a weakness. Fortunately, this doesn't occur often. I have noticed that this mostly happens during colder months.

I definitely notice that I have a lot more knee and general joint pain once the cold weather starts, particularly in the knee I injured a few years ago. In my case I think part of it is that I moved from an area with very mild winters to a place that stays extremely cold and snowy for months on end, and my body is still adjusting.

I had broken my upper arm sometime in 1994. A metal bracket had to be inserted to connect the 2 bones that was fractured. The metal remains in my arm until now and I have no plan of having it removed because I am scared of undergoing another operation with general anesthesia. Since I live in a tropical country, I am not used to the cold weather. I notice that when it is very cold with temperatures of lower than 10 C, I feel a slight pain as if my arm is tired. What I do is to wear a jacket to keep it warm and the pain goes away.

I have that problem with my legs and my hips. I have a lot of problems with my spine, but it hasn't bothered me a whole lot since I had surgery. Seems like this time of year all of the pain always comes back, though. Right now I can even feel it in my ankles, which is new. Might be time to go visit the doc again.

It kinda went away on me and the weather is steadily going colder...

Is this thing happening only at the point the weather undergoes a major charge perhaps?

I had some pain on the same spot I was hurting when I crashed in summer. It lasted for about maybe 2 days. It started on a day that was significally colder then the day before and it was raining too. At some point it was kinda bad...

I also had something similar on my leg last fall which I also slightly Fractured in the summer.

But this year the leg doesnt hurt. Just the recent spine injury.

A lot of people have that complaint, that their pain only comes back or is at it's peak when the weather changes. I think it's just our bodies adjusting to the changes and finding ways to handle it. I don't think I worded that quite right, but I'm not sure how else to say it.