Past catchies up with me.

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by vernon, Sep 2, 2005.

  1. vernon

    vernon Guest

    Today I was strolling through the Corn Exchange in Leeds when a a woman
    approached me and asked me if I was the cyclist that she was talking to in
    the Camelford cycling museum earlier in the month and guess what? I was!
    My daughter was as gobstruck as I was. She was thrilled to find that I had
    completed the ride. It turned out that she lived in Sheffield and was in
    Leeds to do some shopping. Small world innit? It was better than the
    greeting a stranger gave me in Thurso; "You seem to like pain" which he then
    qualified by telling me that he'd seen mi in Inverness a couple of days
    earlier and that he was impressed with my progress. I must learn to be less
    comspicious......

    Tags:

  2. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "vernon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Today I was strolling through the Corn Exchange in Leeds when a a woman
    > approached me and asked me if I was the cyclist that she was talking to in
    > the Camelford cycling museum earlier in the month and guess what? I was!
    > My daughter was as gobstruck as I was. She was thrilled to find that I
    > had
    > completed the ride. It turned out that she lived in Sheffield and was in
    > Leeds to do some shopping. Small world innit? It was better than the
    > greeting a stranger gave me in Thurso; "You seem to like pain" which he
    > then
    > qualified by telling me that he'd seen mi in Inverness a couple of days
    > earlier and that he was impressed with my progress. I must learn to be
    > less
    > comspicious......

    Reminds me of the late 70's when everyone thought I was Eddie Shoestring -
    even in Holland

    --
    Simon Mason
    http://www.simonmason.karoo.net