Patching latex tubes

Bean Long

Guest
Hi all,

Anyone with experience in latex tubes? I'm just wondering if they can
be patched with standard butyl type patches or do I need to use
something else??

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

Bean Long said:
Hi all,

Anyone with experience in latex tubes? I'm just wondering if they can
be patched with standard butyl type patches or do I need to use
something else??

The only way to patch them is with another tube. Remove the one with the hole, replace with one that has no hole. :)

They are only costly if purchased at the wrong place.

gplama said:
The only way to patch them is with another tube. Remove the one with the hole, replace with one that has no hole. :)

They are only costly if purchased at the wrong place.

They're actually extremely easy to patch. However, normal butyl patches don't work very well. Instead, use a bit of latex cut from an old tube.

Cheers,

Suzy

suzyj wrote:
> gplama Wrote:
>> The only way to patch them is with another tube. Remove the one with
>> the hole, replace with one that has no hole. :)
>>
>> They are only costly if purchased at the wrong place.

> They're actually extremely easy to patch. However, normal butyl
> patches don't work very well. Instead, use a bit of latex cut from an
> old tube.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Suzy

Thanks Suzy. Standard glue and latex OK then? Are there any latex
patches out there on the market??

Cheers,

--

Bean Long wrote:

> Thanks Suzy. Standard glue and latex OK then?

No problem.

I use the same glue you use on butyl tubes. I've heard that single glue also works.

> Are there any latex patches out there on the market??

Not that I've ever heard of.

Cheers,

Suzy

suzyj wrote:
> Bean Long wrote:
>
>> Thanks Suzy. Standard glue and latex OK then?

> No problem.
>
> I use the same glue you use on butyl tubes. I've heard that single
> glue also works.
>
>> Are there any latex patches out there on the market??

> Not that I've ever heard of.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Suzy

Cheers Suzy. Info much appreciated.

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

In article <[email protected]>,
suzyj <[email protected]> wrote:

> Bean Long wrote:
>
> > Thanks Suzy. Standard glue and latex OK then?

> No problem.
>
> I use the same glue you use on butyl tubes. I've heard that single
> glue also works.
>
> > Are there any latex patches out there on the market??

> Not that I've ever heard of.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Suzy

Could you use the liquid latex available at art shops (used for rubber
moulds)?
My approach would be to just paint it on to the tube, let it dry and add
another coat. Repeat with further coats as deemed necessary.

regards,
Darryl