Patriot Act Renewal (II)?

zapper said:
almost two hours on "google" and this is the best you can up with...a waffle?

Vatican II you should be aware of the changes if you infact are Catholic...I'm not going to spoonfeed you...You made two critical mistakes in your posts and I have pointed both of them out to you...Tell us if you can identify them...Surely you jest here....

Well we do pray for the Jews and the error of their ways in the Passion of Christ.

Do you want me to do an indulgence for the family, for you ?

limerickman said:
Well we do pray for the Jews and the error of their ways in the Passion of Christ.

Do you want me to do an indulgence for the family, for you ?
No, I'm soon to be Catholic...currently fire and brimstone southern baptist...But....Your church is not adhereing to Vat II do you not agree?

zapper said:
No, I'm soon to be Catholic...currently fire and brimstone southern baptist...But....Your church is not adhereing to Vat II do you not agree?

Well now that you say it - and as part of your catechism, google the word "Liturgy" and then google the word "homily".

limerickman said:
Well now that you say it - and as part of your catechism, google the word "Liturgy" and then google the word "homily".
What a sad creature you are...you have to "google" about your own religion...Vat II cleared the Jews for being blamed for Christ crucifixion.

You use the term "the perfidious Jews and the error of their ways", then you waffled and said we just pray for the Jews.

I've given you ample opportunity to clear this up and you failed miserably...pathetic....

zapper said:
What a sad creature you are...you have to "google" about your own religion...Vat II cleared the Jews for being blamed for Christ crucifixion.

You use the term "the perfidious Jews and the error of their ways", then you waffled and said we just pray for the Jews.

I've given you ample opportunity to clear this up and you failed miserably...pathetic....

And you know about Vatican II, do you ?

Vatican II introduced a lot of changes.
It abolished the Tridentine Mass (latin Mass), for example.
The priest used to face the altar with his back to the congregation for the duration of the Mass.
Vatican II said that the priest must face his congregation and involve the congregation.

But guess what, the late Pope John Paul II used to celebrate the Tridentine Mass in the Basilica of St Peters.

So yes, on one level, Vatican II changed things.

Anyway, liturgy and homily are two different issues.
I told you that we are asked to pray for the jews as part of the homily earlier.

limerickman said:
I told you that we are asked to pray for the jews as part of the homily earlier.
Look..you waffled...you changed your story and you did not address the points I raised...admit it...c'mon man...geez

zapper said:
first off, you would'nt be wasting any bones..unless you are fasting again..Second Pertinent to you maybe...
So its settled then. You beleive Bush has done nothing wrong other than condemning the vigilantes (minutemen) :confused: I as another poster has stated do not beleive he was sincere although thats the ONLY answer he could give because he "supposedly" adhere's to the law. I happen to support the minute-men, if the fed gov't can't stem the tide then maybe citizens can. I can think of a few policies that W endorses but there isn't enough room here.

limerickman said:
And you know about Vatican II, do you ?

Vatican II introduced a lot of changes.
It abolished the Tridentine Mass (latin Mass), for example.
The priest used to face the altar with his back to the congregation for the duration of the Mass.
Vatican II said that the priest must face his congregation and involve the congregation.

But guess what, the late Pope John Paul II used to celebrate the Tridentine Mass in the Basilica of St Peters.

So yes, on one level, Vatican II changed things.

As a Catholic this is true. But most non-Catholics know of the Vatican II council because it changed the position of the Church on Jews. Most see it as the Vatican saying the Catholic church would no longer hold the Jews as being responsible of the death of Christ.

Colorado Ryder said:
As a Catholic this is true. But most non-Catholics know of the Vatican II council because it changed the position of the Church on Jews. Most see it as the Vatican saying the Catholic church would no longer hold the Jews as being responsible of the death of Christ.
But he used the term..."perfidious Jews "...

Colorado Ryder said:
I saw that but wasn't real sure why he said that. I don't know what he meant by that.
Well take your pick...I'll offer up some multiple choice...

a. He just copied it from my post and hasn't a clue what the word means.
b. Isn't Catholic and isn't aware of the change which removed that word in 1964.
c. He is anti-Semitic so he just wants to blame them for something anyway.
d. All of the above....

My money is on d.... :D

zapper said:
Well take your pick...I'll offer up some multiple choice...

a. He just copied it from my post and hasn't a clue what the word means.
b. Isn't Catholic and isn't aware of the change which removed that word in 1964.
c. He is anti-Semitic so he just wants to blame them for something anyway.
d. All of the above....

My money is on d.... :D
Sounds like there is some history.

Colorado Ryder said:
Sounds like there is some history.
To his credit...he won't deny his feelings towards these people...using such terms like "shoffa blowers" etc.....I really don't think he means it...I think its an act to get attention.

Colorado Ryder said:

Vatican II did indeed remove the reference to the Jews being responsible for
the crime of Deicide, from the liturgical rites for Good Friday.
However, the homily (sermon), given by the priest asks us to pray for the Jews for their part in Good Friday Passion.
Homily and liturgy are two different issues.

zapper said:
To his credit...he won't deny his feelings towards these people...using such terms like "shoffa blowers" etc.....I really don't think he means it...I think its an act to get attention.
May I make attention to the fact that I first used the term 'Shofar Blowers' to take some sting out of the accusations of being branded as anti semites, time has proven that the shofar blowers were not wholly Jewish, even though they claimed to have adherence to the faith, which was a false premise used for a polemic purpose. In fact.......

zapper said:

Now before all this, last year in fact, I called someone 'a pedant and a harridan' for good reason. Lim accused me of using outdated English words, which to me they weren't. Something else happened after that when I exposed PGM and his personal details for abominations perpetrated to other posters, and they included Lim to a large and very unfair degree. This is the same PGM that lifted you Zap, and I knew what were doing as regards family issues at the time in question. Anyway Lim came back with the word calling me 'Perfidious Pete' which is not a word often used. This was perplexing. I only came to realise later that Lim had taken the word from our common religion that prayers were said for 'the Perfidious Jews'. Come on now let's all sing hymn number 42x16 all day long, we'll get a long way together.

FredC said:
Now before all this, last year in fact, I called someone 'a pedant and a harridan' for good reason. Lim accused me of using outdated English words, which to me they weren't. Something else happened after that when I exposed PGM and his personal details for abominations perpetrated to other posters, and they included Lim to a large and very unfair degree. This is the same PGM that lifted you Zap, and I knew what were doing as regards family issues at the time in question. Anyway Lim came back with the word calling me 'Perfidious Pete' which is not a word often used. This was perplexing. I only came to realise later that Lim had taken the word from our common religion that prayers were said for 'the Perfidious Jews'. Come on now let's all sing hymn number 42x16 all day long, we'll get a long way together.

42x15 worked this evening : 52 miles in 2 hrs 37mins.
Rolling along very very sweetly this evening, for some reason.
Cadence 92 rpm.
Even went on to the 52x15 for a spell (although I couldn't let the youngsters see this happening).

limerickman said:
42x15 worked this evening : 52 miles in 2 hrs 37mins.
Rolling along very very sweetly this evening, for some reason.
Cadence 92 rpm.
Even went on to the 52x15 for a spell (although I couldn't let the youngsters see this happening).
I thought that was trouble on the soapbox, It's sane compared with dealing with Cookson, president of British Cycling, and the other disparate tossers. I've threatened, but not cajoled. They're all feckin' madmen. Now they want to know why you and I are getting Ireland started on the method again. I'll do more on XES.
Anyway, well done on 42x15, hope you were encouraging the youngsters to pedal.

FredC said:
I thought that was trouble on the soapbox, It's sane compared with dealing with Cookson, president of British Cycling, and the other disparate tossers. I've threatened, but not cajoled. They're all feckin' madmen. Now they want to know why you and I are getting Ireland started on the method again. I'll do more on XES.
Anyway, well done on 42x15, hope you were encouraging the youngsters to pedal.

ok over to XES so.

FredC said:
May I make attention to the fact that I first used the term 'Shofar Blowers' to take some sting out of the accusations of being branded as anti semites, time has proven that the shofar blowers were not wholly Jewish, even though they claimed to have adherence to the faith, which was a false premise used for a polemic purpose. In fact.......
Yes, you are correct but Lim followed your lead....