Patriot Act Renewal (II)?

zapper said:
Spreading more poo are you?

“The Democrats once claimed "there is no crisis," then they decided that indeed, there was a problem with Social Security, but they didn't want to do anything about it, unless personal accounts were off the table. Now they're about to abandon that position.”

Of course more of your liberal trickery: Democrats have been using a web-based "calculator" to generate individualized answers to the question, "How much will you lose under Bush privatization plan?" For young, low-wage workers it projects cuts of up to 50% in benefits. And a $1-million TV advertising campaign is amplifying the claim, saying, "Look below the surface (of Bush's plan) and you'll find benefit checks cut almost in half."
In fact, the calculator is rigged. We find it is based on a number of false assumptions and deceptive comparisons. For one thing, it assumes that stocks will yield average returns of only 3 percent per year above inflation. The historical average is close to 7 percent.
The calculator's authors claim that they use the same assumption used by the Congressional Budget Office. Actually, CBO projects a 6.8 percent gain.

BTW what was clinton stumping for in town hall meetings in 98/99???

Nice try Fido. :rolleyes:
Whether or not the returns are higher or lower, it does not change the fact that "removing" money from the program is a "fix"; wouldn't you agree :confused: If you want a 401k, get one. Just don't call it social security. :rolleyes:

zapper said:
I believe you are reaching here... Where on earth do you get that idea?

#1 Jimmy Carter was very open about being born-again, and often ridiculed in the media for it.

#2 Jimmy Carter did make it an issue of his campaign, and during the 1976 presidential campaign in the United States, Jimmy Carter's evangelical faith arose as one of the major issues.

#3 "Then there was the Bible-quoting Bill Clinton who did most of his campaigning in largely black churches throughout the South and made sure the cameras were rolling every Sunday to photograph him entering a church clutching his big, black Bible."

You probably don't remember cause you were still livin in a cardboard box???
Jimmy Carter had the highest IQ of any president of the 20th century so he, in my humble opinion, can have a little leeway. You know how I feel about the "mixing" of gov't & religion anyway. They keep shoving the bible down my throat, there's gonna' be a revolution buddy :eek:

lokstah said:
It's just a silly argument, Buzzy. You're reducing statements made on both sides over the course of a decade to the same problem (broken) and the same solution (fix). Both parties have identified different issues at different times, and advocated different solutions.
You have it all wrong...My personal philosophy is that Republicans are right 1/2 of the time but the Democrats are always wrong...understand now??? :p

davidmc said:
Jimmy Carter had the highest IQ of any president of the 20th century so he, in my humble opinion, can have a little leeway.
So to summarize your point...Jimmy Carter had the highest IQ thus if he believed in God, then it must be so which supports Bush. Second, why should we give him slack, if he has a higher IQ then he should know better... :confused:

zapper said:
You have it all wrong...My personal philosophy is that Republicans are right 1/2 of the time but the Democrats are always wrong...understand now??? :p
We are but shadowy reflections of each other... :)

zapper said:
So to summarize your point...Jimmy Carter had the highest IQ thus if he believed in God, then it must be so which supports Bush. Second, why should we give him slack, if he has a higher IQ then he should know better... :confused:
Christians aren't dumb, Zap. It's just that dumb Christians are (along with dumb devotees of any religion) a particularly scary breed of human.

zapper said:
Republicrats/Demopublicans-one in the same. Thats why I want to smash the self-serving corrupt two party system. I have voted for 2-3 third party candidates. In the immortal words of a former pres. candidate: "it's time to drain the swamp". He was right on that point, although I differed w/ him on other issues; he was a repub., but, I beleive, he recently wrote a book entitled "where the repubs went wrong"

lokstah said:
Christians aren't dumb, Zap. It's just that dumb Christians are (along with dumb devotees of any religion) a particularly scary breed of human.
You "write" what I "think" :) . Too bad Zap is "blinded by the light" of politicians who, w/ short-term political gain in mind, make decisions which are detrimental to the country in the long run. :mad:

davidmc said:
Republicrats/Demopublicans-one in the same. Thats why I want to smash the self-serving corrupt two party system. I have voted for 2-3 third party candidates. In the immortal words of a former pres. candidate: "it's time to drain the swamp". He was right on that point, although I differed w/ him on other issues; he was a repub., but, I beleive, he recently wrote a book entitled "where the repubs went wrong"
I think you make reference to Fat Pat Buchanan? How the "right" went wrong?

You slay me...from chuck rangle to Pat buchanan...living in a box...fasting for weeks...Peabody...dude...YOU need to write a book.

"How the dog with a bomb sleeps with the left, spits on the right and sees life through glasses provided in part by Dr. Dean" ;)

zapper said:
I think you make reference to Fat Pat Buchanan? How the "right" went wrong?

You slay me...from chuck rangle to Pat buchanan...living in a box...fasting for weeks...Peabody...dude...YOU need to write a book.

"How the dog with a bomb sleeps with the left, spits on the right and sees life through glasses provided in part by Dr. Dean" ;)
Charlie Rangel-Korean War vet. Pat Buchannan-worked in three Whitehouse admins., syndicated columnist http://www.townhall.com/columnists/BIOS/cbbuchanan.html. I also like Sen. Spectre (R)[forced to swear allegiance to Bush Inc. to gain post of committee chairman] Sen. Lugar (R). Them & a couple of other moderate Repub's. For the most part I like the Dem's & Independents. :)

davidmc said:
Charlie Rangel-Korean War vet.
and "Lunatic"...just because he was in a war doesn't mean he is a statesman. My father was in the Korean war but I wouldn't want him in the house, the senate or the whitehouse...

Pat Buchannan-worked in three Whitehouse admins., syndicated columnist http://www.townhall.com/columnists/BIOS/cbbuchanan.html.
“Stop the bigotry!” the demonstrator shouted as he hurled the liquid Thursday night during the program at Western Michigan University." :confused:

zapper said:
and "Lunatic"...just because he was in a war doesn't mean he is a statesman. My father was in the Korean war but I wouldn't want him in the house, the senate or the whitehouse...

“Stop the bigotry!” the demonstrator shouted as he hurled the liquid Thursday night during the program at Western Michigan University." :confused:
Rangle also wants to bring back the Draft to make up for the shortfall directly attributed to Bush's/Halliburton's (Cheney's) War so that people from ALL economic stratum serve :) . "Army expects to miss recruiting goals again:" http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/03/23/army.recruiting.ap/index.html

zapper said:
Just a week or two after Bill Kristol was smacked with a cream pie. Blasting politicians with harmless but messy quantities of food is an under-utilized tool for... hmmm... for my amusement. Rock on, kids!

lokstah said:
Just a week or two after Bill Kristol was smacked with a cream pie. Blasting politicians with harmless but messy quantities of food is an under-utilized tool for... hmmm... for my amusement. Rock on, kids!
Who is that schill/shrill woman for the right :confused: It happened to her too. Her book was "How to Talk to Liberal's, if You Must". A "real" American -her :rolleyes: I despise her w/ the power of a 1000 supernova's. I'd like to ride my bike over her :p

davidmc said:
Who is that schill/shrill woman for the right :confused: It happened to her too. Her book was "How to Talk to Liberal's, if You Must". A "real" American -her :rolleyes: I despise her w/ the power of a 1000 supernova's. I'd like to ride my bike over her :p
That would be a waste...Here, just buy the book...BTW her daddy was a korean war vet so she must be ok...

zapper said:
That would be a waste...Here, just buy the book...BTW her daddy was a korean war vet so she must be ok...
She is a quasi-neo-nazi :mad: I won't even click on her thumb-nail it is so offensive :eek: . Now I see why Chomsky was so casually dismissed by some on this thread/board although he holds 15-20 college degree's.

davidmc said:
She is a quasi-neo-nazi :mad: I won't even click on her thumb-nail it is so offensive :eek: .
Are you blind man? She is one hot piece of conservative woman...oooooray! You're just ****** because she hates P.E.T.A.....

Now I see why Chomsky was so casually dismissed by some on this thread/board although he holds 15-20 college degree's.
Tell him to let them go....He's holdin up progress.

zapper said:
Are you blind man? She is one hot piece of conservative woman...oooooray! You're just ****** because she hates P.E.T.A....
Is that a black leather dress :confused: right out of the third reich's uniform issue. :rolleyes:

davidmc said:
Now I see why Chomsky was so casually dismissed by some on this thread/board although he holds 15-20 college degree's.
"Diploma mills insert degree of fraud into job market"