Paul drops F-Bomb on OLN

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Brian Roth, May 17, 2003.

  1. Brian Roth

    Brian Roth Guest

    A bit of control room chaos on todays 3:00 ET broadcast.

    Apparently there was some trouble putting up a graphic of the final climb, Phil broke character and
    spoke directly to the producer. Paul got fed up and was heard to remark "F***ing Hell", immediatly
    followed by going to commercial.

    Maybe they need to put these guys on 7 second delay....

    Tags:

  2. Hawke

    Hawke Guest

    "brian roth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > A bit of control room chaos on todays 3:00 ET broadcast.
    >
    > Apparently there was some trouble putting up a graphic of the final climb, Phil broke character
    > and spoke directly to the producer. Paul got fed up and was heard to remark "F***ing Hell",
    > immediatly followed by going to commercial.
    >
    > Maybe they need to put these guys on 7 second delay....

    Why, it's common language today!

    Hawke

  3. Alan Forkosh

    Alan Forkosh Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (brian
    roth) wrote:

    > Maybe they need to put these guys on 7 second delay....

    They were on tape. Unfortunately, the coverage is not live on the weekend, and is cut to fit the
    90-minute window. Unfortunately, part of what they cut (and I think covered with the extended
    commercial break) was the breakup of the main group at the bottom of the last climb into the small
    groups a few kilometers later. When we left for commercial, all the 'names' were together. When we
    came back, there was a small separation from the leaders to Pantani and the Fassa Bortolas (A.
    Gonzalez and Frigo) were nowhere to be found.

    That may be what Paul screamed about.

  4. Hawke

    Hawke Guest

    "Alan Forkosh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (brian
    > roth) wrote:
    >

    > > Maybe they need to put these guys on 7 second delay....
    >
    > They were on tape. Unfortunately, the coverage is not live on the weekend, and is cut to fit the
    > 90-minute window. Unfortunately, part of what they cut (and I think covered with the extended
    > commercial break) was the breakup of the main group at the bottom of the last climb into the small
    > groups a few kilometers later. When we left for commercial, all the 'names' were together. When we
    > came back, there was a small separation from the leaders to Pantani and the Fassa Bortolas (A.
    > Gonzalez and Frigo) were nowhere to be found.
    >
    > That may be what Paul screamed about.

    Actually what he said was: "Pluck yew, Nils".

    Hawke