Paul Kimmage

Zinoviev Letter

Jul 25, 2007
Given all the **** Paul Kimmage took after he published "Rough Ride", I was wondering if any of the UCI big wheels or the top racers who attacked him at the time have apologised to him?

For a former professional cyclist, and someone who loves the sport, it must be a strange feeling to be vindicated in such an awful way, time after time.

Zinoviev Letter said:
Given all the **** Paul Kimmage took after he published "Rough Ride", I was wondering if any of the UCI big wheels or the top racers who attacked him at the time have apologised to him?

For a former professional cyclist, and someone who loves the sport, it must be a strange feeling to be vindicated in such an awful way, time after time.
Are you kidding?

Apologies seldom ever heard.

Doctor.House said:
Are you kidding?
No, just hoping, perhaps forlornly.

I can justabout remember (I was a kid at the time) all the **** he took. All the cycling administrators and top pros who lined up, one after the other, to imply or openly argue that he was just a bitter failure who shouldn't be taken seriously. Did none of them ever admit that they were wrong and that Kimmage was right from the start?

Zinoviev Letter said:
No, just hoping, perhaps forlornly.

I can justabout remember (I was a kid at the time) all the **** he took. All the cycling administrators and top pros who lined up, one after the other, to imply or openly argue that he was just a bitter failure who shouldn't be taken seriously. Did none of them ever admit that they were wrong and that Kimmage was right from the start?
You should have been here the past two years.

I served up crow each and every day.

I still feed crow to the apologists.

Doctor.House said:
You should have been here the past two years.

I served up crow each and every day.

I still feed crow to the apologists.
Am I right in thinking that Kimmage was the only journalist asking Vinokourov about Ferrari the other day?

I don't know how the guy restrains himself. If I was him I'd be pushing my way onto the podium at the end of each stage wearking a t-shirt saying "I ****ing told you so".