Paul Saunders

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by David Gibbins, Sep 1, 2004.

  1. I've solved the mystery for you - Paul is alive and well, having relocated
    to New York

    He's shaved off his beard and donned a toupe, but I'm sure those of you who
    knew him well wont be fooled!

    Rather sold out on the photography thing, though.

    See

    http://www.psphotography.com/index.htm

    Tags:

  2. David Gibbins wrote:

    > I've solved the mystery for you - Paul is alive and well, having
    > relocated to New York

    Damn! I've been sussed!

    Well done David. And your prize is...

    ....a free wedding photograph next time you get married in New York.

    Just say Paul Saunders sent you. :)

    Paul
    --
    http://www.wilderness-wales.co.uk
    http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk

  3. In article <[email protected]>, Paul Saunders
    <[email protected]> writes
    >David Gibbins wrote:
    >
    >> I've solved the mystery for you - Paul is alive and well, having
    >> relocated to New York

    >Damn! I've been sussed!
    >
    >Well done David. And your prize is...
    >
    >...a free wedding photograph next time you get married in New York.
    >
    >Just say Paul Saunders sent you. :)
    >
    >Paul

    Welcome back but

    Warning: Slippery Slope Ahead!

    --

    Dominic Sexton
    http://www.dscs.demon.co.uk/

  4. theo

    theo Guest

    "David Gibbins" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]
    > I've solved the mystery for you - Paul is alive and well, having relocated
    > to New York
    >
    > He's shaved off his beard and donned a toupe, but I'm sure those of you

    who
    > knew him well wont be fooled!
    >
    > Rather sold out on the photography thing, though.
    >
    > See
    >
    > http://www.psphotography.com/index.htm

    No, no, he was spying for the CIA in Wales for years but the locals got
    suspicious because he was talking about G*S a lot. 'THEY' gave him a new
    identity but as you know already Americans always make mistakes. You can see
    his new ID in the carwindow. Just a shave and a lot of sillicone to give him
    a round face. He has to eat at least 10 burgers per day to match his body
    with his new face ;-)

    Theo

  5. Mark South

    Mark South Guest

    "Paul Saunders" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > David Gibbins wrote:
    >
    > > I've solved the mystery for you - Paul is alive and well, having
    > > relocated to New York

    > Damn! I've been sussed!

    Nah, nobody would believe a website that crappy would be yours.

    > Well done David. And your prize is...
    >
    > ...a free wedding photograph next time you get married in New York.

    I hear Vegas is more fun, and has better desert walking too.

    > Just say Paul Saunders sent you. :)

    Hi Paul. Happy September! I hope your month away did the detox for you and
    that your dependence will always remain at a low level.
    --
    "Also, Craig Shergold turned 25 this year. I think everyone on the net
    should send him a birthday card, just to let him know we still care."

  6. Tim Jackson

    Tim Jackson Guest

    Paul Saunders wrote on Wed, 1 Sep 2004 20:50:07 +0100....
    > David Gibbins wrote:
    >
    > > I've solved the mystery for you - Paul is alive and well, having
    > > relocated to New York

    > Damn! I've been sussed!

    Do we have a new Usenet acronym?

    TNLDO

    (The No Longer Departed One)

    --
    Tim Jackson
    [email protected]lid

  7. Mark South

    Mark South Guest

    "Tim Jackson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Paul Saunders wrote on Wed, 1 Sep 2004 20:50:07 +0100....
    > > David Gibbins wrote:
    > >
    > > > I've solved the mystery for you - Paul is alive and well, having
    > > > relocated to New York

    > > Damn! I've been sussed!

    > Do we have a new Usenet acronym?
    >
    > TNLDO
    >
    > (The No Longer Departed One)

    PSTMFKATDO: Paul Saunders, The Man Formerly Known As The Departed One :)
    --
    "Seeing dusk, night, dawn, morn, noon and dusk in one ride.
    Scent of wild garlic, ice-cream at 8am, swooping descent into valley.

  8. Dominic Sexton wrote:

    > Welcome back but

    Thanks Dominic, but I'm not sure if I'm really back yet...

    > Warning: Slippery Slope Ahead!

    I know. I think I did well to last a month without posting, and I feel
    much better for it. Got a lot of stuff done too. Real life makes a
    nice change!

    I must admit to not having been able to resist the occasional lurk, but
    at least I spent no more than 5 or 10 minutes at a time, much quicker
    than posting. And I mainly only looked at past threads to check for
    relevant answers. Most new threads I've ignored completely, apart from
    a certain 2 or 3 that have caught my eye...

    Paul
    --

  10. theo wrote:

    > No, no, he was spying for the CIA in Wales for years but the locals
    > got suspicious because he was talking about G*S a lot. 'THEY' gave
    > him a new identity but as you know already Americans always make
    > mistakes. You can see his new ID in the carwindow. Just a shave and a
    > lot of sillicone to give him a round face. He has to eat at least 10
    > burgers per day to match his body with his new face ;-)

    I'm afraid I've completely missed that joke Theo.

    But I have been eating a lot more burgers lately, much healthier than
    all that sugar.

    Paul
    --

  11. theo wrote:

    > No, no, he was spying for the CIA in Wales for years but the locals
    > got suspicious because he was talking about G*S a lot. 'THEY' gave
    > him a new identity but as you know already Americans always make
    > mistakes. You can see his new ID in the carwindow. Just a shave and a
    > lot of sillicone to give him a round face. He has to eat at least 10
    > burgers per day to match his body with his new face ;-)

    I'm afraid I've completely missed that joke Theo.

    But I have been eating a lot more burgers lately, much healthier than
    all that sugar.

    Paul
    --
    http://www.wilderness-wales.co.uk
    http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk

  12. Judith

    Judith Guest

    On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 20:50:07 +0100, "Paul Saunders"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Damn! I've been sussed!

    Yawn! You're *SO* predictable. 1 month away. Well, I suppose you
    allowed *some* leeway by not posting at exactly 00:00 this morning!

    Welcome back; will you be stopping for long?

    Judith

  13. Judith wrote:

    > Yawn! You're *SO* predictable. 1 month away.

    Sorry to disappoint!

    > Well, I suppose you
    > allowed *some* leeway by not posting at exactly 00:00 this morning!

    I thought about it...

    > Welcome back; will you be stopping for long?

    Not my intention. I broke the silence because there's one thing I
    particularly want to mention, not to go back to my former ways.

    But I may have a quick binge tonight. There's a few posts I noticed
    whilst lurking which seem to require a comment or two... :)

    Paul
    --

  15. Mark South wrote:

    >> Damn! I've been sussed!

    > Nah, nobody would believe a website that crappy would be yours.

    Well thanks for the vote of confidence.

    > I hear Vegas is more fun, and has better desert walking too.

    Can't say I've ever fancied desert walking. I did a short Gower stroll
    today with no water and regretted it. Bloody summer! Or is it autumn?
    The weather forecasters don't seem to know. The guy on the Beeb today
    expressed surprise at temps of 25 in the south-east today commenting on
    the "autumn" weather and I thought, "hang on a mo', it was August
    yesterday!".

    Mind you, I did feel a chill in the air yesterday for the first time in
    months. It may not be technically (astronomically) autumn yet (the
    flies are still biting) but at least the worst is now over. A very good
    time for walking now methinks.

    > Hi Paul. Happy September! I hope your month away did the detox for
    > you

    I feel much better now...

    > and that your dependence will always remain at a low level.

    At least. Or lower. That's the plan anyway. But not tonight.

    Paul
    --

  16. Mark South wrote:

    >> Damn! I've been sussed!

    > Nah, nobody would believe a website that crappy would be yours.

    Well thanks for the vote of confidence.

    > I hear Vegas is more fun, and has better desert walking too.

    Can't say I've ever fancied desert walking. I did a short Gower stroll
    today with no water and regretted it. Bloody summer! Or is it autumn?
    The weather forecasters don't seem to know. The guy on the Beeb today
    expressed surprise at temps of 25 in the south-east today commenting on
    the "autumn" weather and I thought, "hang on a mo', it was August
    yesterday!".

    Mind you, I did feel a chill in the air yesterday for the first time in
    months. It may not be technically (astronomically) autumn yet (the
    flies are still biting) but at least the worst is now over. A very good
    time for walking now methinks.

    > Hi Paul. Happy September! I hope your month away did the detox for
    > you

    I feel much better now...

    > and that your dependence will always remain at a low level.

    At least. Or lower. That's the plan anyway. But not tonight.

    Paul
    --
    http://www.wilderness-wales.co.uk
    http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk

  17. Fran

    Fran Guest

    [email protected] said...
    > > I've solved the mystery for you - Paul is alive and well, having
    > > relocated to New York

    > Damn! I've been sussed!

    Wahey! Well done David - you've winkled him out of lurkdom!
    --
    I try to be a good example to my children, but they just see me
    as a dire warning.

  18. Fran

    Fran Guest

    [email protected] said...
    > You can see his new ID in the carwindow. Just a shave and a
    > > lot of sillicone to give him a round face. He has to eat at least 10
    > > burgers per day to match his body with his new face ;-)

    > I'm afraid I've completely missed that joke Theo.

    You mean you haven't looked at your Other's work? For shame!
    It's rather good.
    --
    I try to be a good example to my children, but they just see me
    as a dire warning.

  19. Phil Cook

    Phil Cook Guest

    On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 00:08:06 +0100, Paul Saunders wrote:

    >Can't say I've ever fancied desert walking. I did a short Gower stroll
    >today with no water and regretted it. Bloody summer! Or is it autumn?

    Sod off Saunders! We don't want the same old argument about the
    seasons again. Haven't you though of anyting new to say while you have
    been away?

  20. Well, I can sympathise with Paul.Although I frequently read the posts I
    haven't posted for
    some time - it is very time consuming when you get into an argument with
    Paul!

    My first post for a while was really directed at him as I know he's expert
    on all walks Welsh.

    If you're still communicating Paul, can you briefly suggest a Brecon
    Beacons walk? I've worked out
    I need to do the Pen-y-Fan Horseshoe but will have time for one more.
    Staying near Libanus.

    I'm sure you can do this one in your sleep.

    Oh, and great 'photos on the wedding site - way above your usual standard!

    David Gibbins

    p.s. joking of course - if anyone hasn't looked yet Paul has the best UK
    mountain 'photo sites on the web.