Paul Sherwin is a complete JERK!

GMCtrk

Jul 26, 2007
I don't know if anyone else noticed this or not on stage 16 but Sherwin was completely riding Contador's jock, and was basically insinuating that Rasmussen was going to be blown off the mountain. He also kept claiming that Rasmussen cracked, and was struggling to keep up with Contador on stage 14 :rolleyes:

Now, he comes on the pre-race show today and claims Contador (and Evans and Leipheimer mind you) is clean becuase his shoulders were hunched and he showed fatique on the last kilometer up the Aubisque :rolleyes:

To me, the ousting of Rasmussen from the tour is bullcrap. He never tested positive and busted his butt to get the yellow jersey. Someone higher up had Rasmussen targeted, that's the only explanation for why they did it after stage 17 when he solidified the fact that he would win the tour.

I am embarrassed for the Tour and was hoping to see Ras win it. He is no more quilty than anyone else in the field and gave us two unbelievable stages (14 and 16).

Tubbs said:
lol... yes, he has always been biased towards USPS/Discovery.
You know, Lance surely must have been doping too the way he blew Ullrich off Alpe D'Huez in 2001 :rolleyes:

Who cares what Paul Sherwin says? He is just filling the the dead air with commentary. You can go back on any commentary of any sports event and find things that were said that did not pan out. I think the guys are doing a good job....give them a break. If your main complaint is about what Paul Sherwin said you must not have too much stress in your life. Sheesh. A Complete JERK? Come on dude get serious!

GMCtrk said:
I am embarrassed for the Tour and was hoping to see Ras win it. He is no more quilty than anyone else in the field and gave us two unbelievable stages (14 and 16).
The key word being "unbelievable." :rolleyes: