paul sherwin pwnt the french

MGM

Jul 23, 2004
Did anyone see stage 18 (I think thats what it was) when those 3 guys were up on the trees?!!! Sherwen goes "I didn't know there were any monkeys in the south of france":eek: :D

MGM said:
Did anyone see stage 18 (I think thats what it was) when those 3 guys were up on the trees?!!! Sherwen goes "I didn't know there were any monkeys in the south of france":eek: :D
Yep, paul's come out with some beauties.

MGM said:
What's wrong with that? Wasn't he having a joke about the guys climbing a 100ft pine tree to wave at the Tour?

ed073 said:
What's wrong with that? Wasn't he having a joke about the guys climbing a 100ft pine tree to wave at the Tour?
An Englishman calling a Frenchman a monkey. Been happening for 500 years.

My favorite commentator was on the first uphill finish in the mountains. Paul was mumbling on about how concentrated armstrongs face was, and Phil goes, no it looks like someone who is gonna win six tour de france! What a great moment that was, at least for me anyways.

DId you listen closely during the presentation ceremony, when they showed Will Smith....Paul goes "he's a great actor, recently in the great movie Badboy"

and Phil returns with "actually he's one of my favourite actors"

It wouldn't be a proper tour without those guys ;p

Marx SS said:
Did you (or anyone else) notice how often Paul said "completely and utterly" and "damning" this year. My roommate likes to make fun of the things he and Bob Roll say, and he was merciless with that. I agreed that sometimes Phil and especially Paul can be quite melodramatic.

Marx SS said:
He might have done, don't they all? I think this a cracker.
The TDF was passing through the region of La Landiere, and there were a few blokes on stilts by the side of the road . Liggett was on the mike "Look Paul, the length some people go to to get a good view of the race" Silence, then Paul spoke "Well Phil in this region that's how the shepherds look for their stray sheep". End of Liggett for a few minutes.

MGM said:

He was totally out of order for saying such things. The French are definately NOT monkeys.

The Tour is incomplete without Paul and Phil. Also Bob Roll is so funny. He analysed the Alpe d'Huez stage in 2003 and was saying how Lance was suffering like an animal at the hands of Joseba Beloki. He was asked if he thought Lnace could lose the Tour. His reply, whilst glaring into the camera was: "Lance is gonna annihilate the field". Classic stuff. Paul and Phil are still the greatest though. Steven Roche is also good for a laugh.

The best, to me, in the 2003 TdF was when Paul and Phil kept repeating that Armstrong was having a "Problem with his pedals." They repeated it three times. Much better than "She sells seashells by the seashore."

I just can't wait to hear Paul tell us, for the seventh year straight, about how high Armstong's cadence is.