Paulie - Buy Lotte that pink mtb!!

Paulie-AU said:
Hey my XC bike is still V-Brakes.

About that spare bike..................... much pilfering will be occuring :D . Technically our spare bike will be my current XC frame with an assortment of parts from Lottes current bike. I am stealing the Frame and front wheel.

Fortunately due to the fact that Lottes current bike is in perfect condition it will be great to ride and very reliable.

Looks like paulie just gave abby and i an excuse :p

fear not, with a tax return in the bank and a few more pays, i have grand plans for xmas ;)

Paulie-AU said:
Hey my XC bike is still V-Brakes.

About that spare bike..................... much pilfering will be occuring :D . Technically our spare bike will be my current XC frame with an assortment of parts from Lottes current bike. I am stealing the Frame and front wheel.

Fortunately due to the fact that Lottes current bike is in perfect condition it will be great to ride and very reliable.
Psst. Hey Paulie . sssshhhhhh. I have a cunning plan:
  • paint your old xc frame pink and slap on some ghey looking trek stickers to match the ghey pink paint
  • take all the running gear off Lotte's Merida and take to it with silver and black spray paint 'till it looks nice and new. Peel the old ones off and put some new stickers on if you have to - then bolt it all onto the pink xc
  • slap some new tyes on her same old wheels, or touch the current ones up with boot polish Put some new mavic stickers on her rims
  • tel her you sold your xc frame for a pizza and a 6-pack, or some magic f*cken beans - it doesn't matter - just convince her its gone
  • buy some sweet new running gear for your newly acquired reliable Merida frame, but make sure you get it really dirty and scratch the stickers off etc before you get it home. Slap on the old stickers you peeled off Lotte's old running gear so she thinks its her old gear
  • tell her you had the shop swap the the discs off for V's - because you know just how (until recently, anyway) vehmently anti - disc Lotte is
  • squirrel all the money you've saved away for your own furtive n+1 plans
She wont know the difference if you take you time with the paint and stickers. I can give you a hand. My steel pinarello with chorus :cool: is actually a mongoose with 10 yr old sh!tmano 600:(

LotteBum said:
Thanks mate. I'm not entirely sure if I'm ok with Discs yet as it means I'm no longer one of the large doodled ones (Tam, Emily, myself).

It does mean, however, that there'll be a spare mountain bike at our place. No more excuses for you and Abby.

Lotte
lotte, its not the size of the doodle, but how you use it :p you might find that **** brakes... ummmm... disc brakes really grow on you ;)

monsterman said:
[...]
You're evil. Did you know that MM? :p

asterope said:
You're evil. Did you know that MM? :p
Uhuh. Pure, cold filtered, aged in oak barrels overproof Evil.

The pullin' wings off flies, burnin' ants with magnifying glasses, pushin' old ladies under buses (watch out Duracell Bunny - and no she doesn't drive buses!!), fartin' in church, spittin' in lunches type of evil. When I stack my bike, I bleed pure evil

monsterman wrote:

> Paulie-AU Wrote:
> > Hey my XC bike is still V-Brakes.
> >
> > About that spare bike..................... much pilfering will be
> > occuring :D . Technically our spare bike will be my current XC frame
> > with an assortment of parts from Lottes current bike. I am stealing the
> > Frame and front wheel.
> >
> > Fortunately due to the fact that Lottes current bike is in *perfect*
> > condition it will be great to ride and very reliable.

> Psst. Hey Paulie . sssshhhhhh. I have a cunning plan:
>
> - paint your old xc frame pink and slap on some ghey looking trek
> stickers to match the ghey pink paint
> - take all the running gear off Lotte's Merida and take to it with
> silver and black spray paint 'till it looks nice and new. Peel the
> old ones off and put some new stickers on if you have to - then bolt
> it all onto the pink xc
> - slap some new tyes on her same old wheels, or touch the current
> ones up with boot polish Put some new mavic stickers on her rims
> - tel her you sold your xc frame for a pizza and a 6-pack, or some
> magic f*cken beans - it doesn't matter - just convince her its gone
> - buy some sweet new running gear for your newly acquired reliable
> Merida frame, but make sure you get it really dirty and scratch the
> stickers off etc before you get it home. Slap on the old stickers you
> peeled off Lotte's old running gear so she thinks its her old gear
> - tell her you had the shop swap the the discs off for V's - because
> you know just how (until recently, anyway) vehmently anti - disc
> Lotte is
> - squirrel all the money you've saved away for your own furtive n+1
> plans
> She wont know the difference if you take you time with the paint and
> stickers. I can give you a hand. My steel pinarello with chorus
> :cool: is actually a mongoose with 10 yr old sh!tmano 600:(

Dude, are you drunk again? :p

monsterman wrote:

> asterope Wrote:
> > You're evil. Did you know that MM? :p

> Uhuh. Pure, cold filtered, aged in oak barrels overproof Evil.
>
> The pullin' wings off flies, burnin' ants with magnifying glasses,
> pushin' old ladies under buses (watch out Duracell Bunny - and no she
> doesn't drive buses!!), fartin' in church, spittin' in lunches type of
> evil. When I stack my bike, I bleed pure evil

The frequency of his stacks explains why the world is going
to hell.

monsterman said:
Uhuh. Pure, cold filtered, aged in oak barrels overproof Evil.

The pullin' wings off flies, burnin' ants with magnifying glasses, pushin' old ladies under buses (watch out Duracell Bunny - and no she doesn't drive buses!!), fartin' in church, spittin' in lunches type of evil. When I stack my bike, I bleed pure evil
Your evil ribs even to evil cracking things. :eek: :D

I am purchasing pink paint on the way home. :D

Tamyka Bell said:
So you're keeping your forks? (Are they the camo ones?)

Camo ones are on my Jump Bike..... which apparently will be getting a new Santa Cruz frame sometime next year (woot woot).

I will be keeping the red forks off my Single Speed as they are better than Lottes current forks.

Tamyka Bell said:
The frequency of his stacks explains why the world is going
to hell.

Possibly. But definitely evidences committment - not unlike that displayed by you at the Mont. Now if Paulie let you wear his old helmet down there ... ....

monsterman wrote:

> Tamyka Bell Wrote:
> >
> > The frequency of his stacks explains why the world is going
> > to hell.

> Possibly. But definitely evidences committment - not unlike that
> displayed by you at the Mont. Now if Paulie let you wear his old
> helmet down there ... ....

Yep, it's true, I do almost as much damage as you. Haven't
yet cracked a rib though, I might try for that this
weekend...

monsterman wrote:
> Paulie-AU Wrote:
>> Hey my XC bike is still V-Brakes.
>>
>> About that spare bike..................... much pilfering will be
>> occuring :D . Technically our spare bike will be my current XC frame
>> with an assortment of parts from Lottes current bike. I am stealing the
>> Frame and front wheel.
>>
>> Fortunately due to the fact that Lottes current bike is in *perfect*
>> condition it will be great to ride and very reliable.

> Psst. Hey Paulie . sssshhhhhh. I have a cunning plan:
>
> - paint your old xc frame pink and slap on some ghey looking trek
> stickers to match the ghey pink paint
> - take all the running gear off Lotte's Merida and take to it with
> silver and black spray paint 'till it looks nice and new. Peel the
> old ones off and put some new stickers on if you have to - then bolt
> it all onto the pink xc
> - slap some new tyes on her same old wheels, or touch the current
> ones up with boot polish Put some new mavic stickers on her rims
> - tel her you sold your xc frame for a pizza and a 6-pack, or some
> magic f*cken beans - it doesn't matter - just convince her its gone
> - buy some sweet new running gear for your newly acquired reliable
> Merida frame, but make sure you get it really dirty and scratch the
> stickers off etc before you get it home. Slap on the old stickers you
> peeled off Lotte's old running gear so she thinks its her old gear
> - tell her you had the shop swap the the discs off for V's - because
> you know just how (until recently, anyway) vehmently anti - disc
> Lotte is
> - squirrel all the money you've saved away for your own furtive n+1
> plans
> She wont know the difference if you take you time with the paint and
> stickers. I can give you a hand. My steel pinarello with chorus
> :cool: is actually a mongoose with 10 yr old sh!tmano 600:(

You've done that before, MM!

--
Karen

"Reverse the polarity and invert the particle flux!"
"You mean put the batteries in the other way?"
"...yes."
-Star Trek (any of them)

monsterman wrote:
> asterope Wrote:
>> You're evil. Did you know that MM? :p

> Uhuh. Pure, cold filtered, aged in oak barrels overproof Evil.
>

> pushin' old ladies under buses (watch out Duracell Bunny - and no she
> doesn't drive buses!!)

Have you been talking to Lotte again?

--

Paulie-AU said:
I will be keeping the red forks off my Single Speed as they are better than Lottes current forks.
This is the guy who reckons a good fork is of paramount importance. Well, YOU HAVE A GOOD FORK! NOW LET ME HAVE A GOOD BIKE. PUNK.

NOW.

Duracell Bunny said:
monsterman wrote:
> asterope Wrote:
>> You're evil. Did you know that MM? :p

> Uhuh. Pure, cold filtered, aged in oak barrels overproof Evil.
>

> pushin' old ladies under buses (watch out Duracell Bunny - and no she
> doesn't drive buses!!)

Have you been talking to Lotte again?

--
Karen