Paulie hit by 4WD

LotteBum

Nov 2, 2004
Got home this afternoon, whinging and whining to Paulie about a 4WD full of blokes giving me a hard time on the Centenary Hwy when he told me he'd been hit... well.... he hit it... but he was forced to.

Riding through the main road in Inala on his way home from work, a car load of blokes in a 4WD decided they'd pass him before turning into their driveway without braking or indicating. Anyway, he hit the rear quarter panel of their car and ended up in the gutter. He got up and yelled "WHAT THE **** WAS THAT?", then saw a couple of (big) Maori blokes hop out of the car, followed by a big Maori woman coming out of the house screaming "YOU ****EN RAN 'IM OVER YOU ****EN IDIOTS!". The size - and number - of them was enough to deter him from pursuing the issue any further.. besides, they were very apologetic, asked if he was OK and didn't start the old "I didn't see you" ****.

Paulie is ok bar a couple of scratches on his leg and a slightly bent hanger which he straightened quite easily.

I was a bit worried, but he was smiling and having a bit of a chuckle about it (how he does this I don't know). I think I was shaken because I know if it were me they'd hit, I'd have attacked them quite viciously. Actually, maybe not. It would depend on how hungry I was - I might have just asked if they were cooking up a Hangi and invited myself along. Mmmm Hangi.

LotteBum said:
Riding through the main road in Inala on his way home from work, a car load of blokes in a 4WD decided they'd pass him before turning into their driveway without braking or indicating. Anyway, he hit the rear quarter panel of their car and ended up in the gutter. He got up and yelled "WHAT THE **** WAS THAT?", then saw a couple of (big) Maori blokes hop out of the car, followed by a big Maori woman coming out of the house screaming "YOU ****EN RAN 'IM OVER YOU ****EN IDIOTS!". The size - and number - of them was enough to deter him from pursuing the issue any further.. besides, they were very apologetic, asked if he was OK and didn't start the old "I didn't see you" ****.

That woman was probably scarily than the blokes - but the cliched didntseeya **** is wearing a bit thin. Actually, it wore thin with me several years ago.

cfsmtb said:
That woman was probably scarily than the blokes - but the cliched didntseeya **** is wearing a bit thin. Actually, it wore thin with me several years ago.

It's that quantum physics thing where cyclists get sucked into another reality for a second or two and become invisible to the naked eye :p

Glad to hear Paulie was uninjured and can chuckle about it.

muhahaharraaaa

I am stoked that I actually inflicted damage on the 4WD. But It could have been alot worse and I guess I was pretty lucky. I made sure that when I hit I hit behind the rear wheel so that they couldn't run me over.

A more annoying thing is later on the ride I ran something over which flicked up and cut my shin......and made me bleeeeeed....the horror.

I have crashed alot harder on the MTB, but the trees didn't have it in for me so I dont hate them.

fkn 4wd's

On 2005-12-20, Paulie-AU (aka Bruce)
was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
>
> muhahaharraaaa
>
> I am stoked that I actually inflicted damage on the 4WD. But It could
> have been alot worse and I guess I was pretty lucky. I made sure that
> when I hit I hit behind the rear wheel so that they couldn't run me
> over.

I take it you didn't get their license number though?

You might find something wrong with the bike later.

Although its always harder to force yourself to report them if they
were nice about it. The lady who hit me in her 4WD second last time,
was all nice about it, and practically volunteered to go to the police
station.

--
TimC
The path to enlightenment_0.16.5-6 is through apt-get

LotteBum said:
Got home this afternoon, whinging and whining to Paulie about a 4WD full of blokes giving me a hard time on the Centenary Hwy when he told me he'd been hit... well.... he hit it... but he was forced to.

Paulie is ok bar a couple of scratches on his leg and a slightly bent hanger which he straightened quite easily.

I was a bit worried, but he was smiling and having a bit of a chuckle about it (how he does this I don't know). I think I was shaken because I know if it were me they'd hit, I'd have attacked them quite viciously. Actually, maybe not. It would depend on how hungry I was - I might have just asked if they were cooking up a Hangi and invited myself along. Mmmm Hangi.
Lotte,

glad to hear Paulie escaped real damage. I bet there were a couple of big Maori boys copping it from the missus/mum/auntie for the rest of the night (as they should have been)

SteveA