Paunch power (Nick gets his comeuppance)

Nick Kew

Guest
Lovely morning today. Bright sunshine in a cloudless sky, and that fantastic freshness you get in
such weather after heavy rain. So I put on tracksuit and trainers, and went out to enjoy a
morning ride on the moors - sticking to made tracks where my wheels won't be damaging the ground
in soft mud.

It was a fantastic ride up the moors, stopping to sit and just enjoy the day. Near the top of the
route is a couple of miles where the gravel gets lost under mud a few times, so I got a little
splashed, and one innocent-looking patch of mud sucked in the front wheel and threw me (it was far
too small to get both wheels). Yo!

But also at the top, I could see the heavy rainclouds coming in, already over my home. And just as
I came down into Princetown, the heavens opened: hard, driving rain. Blinding, finger-numbing rain,
just as I hit the downhill I had to slow right down. A moment later, hailstones were settling on
the tracksuit. Now at this point I was regretting not having brought gloves, coat or even fleece.
Aaargh ....

Still, it showed beautifully the value of a good paunch. Though the skin was cold to the touch, the
body - apart from the hands and eyes - felt no discomfort. This is self-evidently the healthy state
for a human body in a temperate climate!

--
Wear your paunch with pride!

"David Gillbe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> With those extras I'm sure several member of Oxford University Cycling
Club
> (and several others no doubt) will be interested, where do I sign up :)

Pah! students.

Don't you worry, by the time you're in your 30's you will no doubt have one.

And it'll be one of your most durable cycling accessories, staying with you no matter how many 1000s
of miles you do.

On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 14:05:17 +0000, [email protected] (Nick Kew) wrote:

> This is self-evidently the healthy state for a human body in a temperate climate!

Consider marketing it: the "camelfront." Purchasers receive a case of beer and three dozen
large pies.

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

In message <[email protected]>, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
<[email protected]> writes
>On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 14:05:17 +0000, [email protected] (Nick Kew) wrote:
>
>> This is self-evidently the healthy state for a human body in a temperate climate!
>
>Consider marketing it: the "camelfront." Purchasers receive a case of beer and three dozen
>large pies.
You call it a 'camelfront', I call it aerodynamics....
--
DP

On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 20:10:27 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Consider marketing it: the "camelfront." Purchasers receive a case of beer and three dozen
>large pies.

Sounds excellent! Put me down for a family membership (even though there's only me).

Bob