PBP - It's gonna be a rain ride....

Crescentius Vespasianus

Guest
Paris Brest Paris is a 1200K brevet that
only happens once every 7 years.
So you work your ass off doing all the
qualifying events, fly your ass to
Paris, and guess what, it's going to be
1200K in the rain. You wouldn't wish a
fate like this on your worst enemy.
Ride starts in a few hours (Monday
morning Paris time).

>> Paris Brest Paris is a 1200K brevet that only happens once every 7
>> years. So you work your ass off doing all the qualifying events, fly
>> your ass to Paris, and guess what, it's going to be 1200K in the
>> rain. You wouldn't wish a fate like this on your worst enemy.

> You don't have to when they wish it on themselves. I wonder if
> Scott Dickson will show up.
>
> The race just hasn't been the same since Opperman won.
>
> Bob Schwartz

--------------
Dickson isn't on the American list.
Looking at the Paris, France weather,
and it looks like it's going to rain
during the days, and not the nights. It
takes 50-90 hours to do the ride.
Having done some rain rides in the
middle of the night, once you get
soaked, you never seem to get dry, you
just get more and more miserable.
Nighttime temps are going to be in the
50's, which is really cold, if you're
wet. They have around 3000 signed up
for the ride, which will really suck in
bad weather. When they hit the time
stations, they may have to wait in line,
standing in the rain to get their time
stamp, and wait in another line, in the
rain, for the ham sandwich, or ham and
eggs, or whatever the french can dream
up to make with ham. Personally I don't
like ham, mixed with anything. Ham if
it's done right, can very good, but if
it gets a little old it's putrid.

Crescentius Vespasianus wrote:
> Paris Brest Paris is a 1200K brevet that only happens once every 7
> years. So you work your ass off doing all the qualifying events, fly
> your ass to Paris, and guess what, it's going to be 1200K in the rain.
> You wouldn't wish a fate like this on your worst enemy.

You don't have to when they wish it on themselves. I wonder if
Scott Dickson will show up.

The race just hasn't been the same since Opperman won.

Bob Schwartz

>> Paris Brest Paris is a 1200K brevet that
>> only happens once every 7 years.
>> So you work your ass off doing all the
>> qualifying events, fly your ass to
>> Paris, and guess what, it's going to be
>> 1200K in the rain. You wouldn't wish a
>> fate like this on your worst enemy.
>> Ride starts in a few hours (Monday
>> morning Paris time).

> Paris-Brest-Paris, randonee version, happens every
> four years, not every seven.

-----------
Yea, you're right. The last one was in
2003. Don't know why I was thinking 7.

Dan Gregory wrote:
> Crescentius Vespasianus wrote:
>> Paris Brest Paris is a 1200K brevet that only happens once every 7
>> years. So you work your ass off doing all the qualifying events, fly
>> your ass to Paris, and guess what, it's going to be 1200K in the
>> rain. You wouldn't wish a fate like this on your worst enemy. Ride
>> starts in a few hours (Monday morning Paris time).

> Not raining at this moment
>
> http://www.parisbrestparis.tv/paris_brest_paris/menu_gauche_2/la_ligne_de_depart

they aren't on the road yet. It looks
cloudy on the webcam, not to threatening
by what I see with your link, right now.
I hear the Seattle rando folk do the
best if it rains, and of course they all
have fenders.