PBP Mr.Larrington

"Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 28/08/2007 20:50, Ace wrote:
>> OIC. Now it just remains to understand what the appeal is.
>>
>> On second thoughts, please don't anyone try to explain - it'll be lost
>> on me, I'm sure.

> I won't try and explain the appeal, then. I'll just ask how you feel
> about trying out different machines.
>
> Personally, I'm keen to try out any type of cycle that I haven't tried
> before. If you're the same then all you need to do is try out a recumbent
> trike and you'll find out for yourself what the appeal is.

I'm not tempted by the dark side but I was cured of my attraction to the
larger upright trikes during the York rally. I was given a go on one by a
very kind owner on the York Selby cycle path where I caused no end of
amusement to all who were watching when the camber of the path wrested
control from me and I hurtled head long into a hedge.

Is there a cure for my aversion to recumbents?

vernon wondered:
>>Is there a cure for my aversion to recumbents?

and Peter Clinch responded:
> Try one (or more).

Unless the aversion is simply to trying something new. I know (from
reading urc) that there /are/ cyclists who simply aren't interested in
trying a recumbent. That's a mindset that's beyond me - if I see a
cycle that's unlike anything I've ridden before, I immediately want to
ride it.

I can think of at least 8 very different classes of bike, 16 different
types of unicycle and 3 kinds of trike that I've tried simply out of
curiosity. And I enjoyed them all apart from the CLWB recumbent bike
(Flevobike Oke Ja) and the few unicycles that I wasn't actually able to
ride.

--
Danny Colyer <http://www.redpedals.co.uk>
"Daddy, put that down. Daddy, put that down. Daddy, put that down.