PC type mountain bikes

Asdaoj

Guest
Alot of mountain bikes get left to ruin against fences in my city, They make great salvages, but as
far as compatabilitty is concerned, are normal mountain bikes similar to the jigsaw type
customisations that have made pc's popular?

I can understand if doesn't apply to the enthuasists bikes, but these aren't the ones that get left
to rot on railings.

A couple of friends want me to fit some of the parts i've salvaged, but i'm a bit reluctant incase i
become the cause of an accident?!?

Help!

:))

Col

In article <[email protected]>, AsdaOJ
<[email protected]> wrote:
>Alot of mountain bikes get left to ruin against fences in my city, They make great salvages, but as
>far as compatabilitty is concerned, are normal mountain bikes similar to the jigsaw type
>customisations that have made pc's popular?

Yes but there are generational differences just like with PCs, so compatibility exists but you need
to understand what works with what. You can't put 30-pin SIMM on a P4 motherboard. Bikes have
similar issues.

>I can understand if doesn't apply to the enthuasists bikes, but these aren't the ones that get left
>to rot on railings.

Oh but $400-500 mountain bikes sometimes do, they just tend to get stolen/liberated sooner.

>A couple of friends want me to fit some of the parts i've salvaged, but i'm a bit reluctant incase
>i become the cause of an accident?!?

Can't help you with that. You will either need to control your anxiety or have them fit their own
parts I guess.

--Paul