PD-7401 Look/Dura-Ace pedal question

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Scoochiro, Jun 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoochiro

Scoochiro Guest

Recently acquired a set of the Shimano PD-7401 pedals (I've been using the 6401s for years, and
    think the Look/Shimano product is my favorite pedal).

However, unlike my 6401s, the right pedal of the 7401s has a small hole on the underside of the
    pedal body, at the 6 o'clock position, very close to where the inboard bearings would be.

The left pedal has no such hole.

What's that all about?

I could guess "grease port" but why not on the other pedal? Plus, I think of grease ports as a way
    to push the good in and the bad out, and these are so well sealed that that wouldn't happen here.

So, what up?

Ken Harper

Tags:

2. Jim Wilson

Jim Wilson Guest

I have 3 pair of 7401's and think they are the best. None of mine has a hole like the one you
    describe. There is a hole on the inboard side of each pedal back by the latch lever. Don't know what
    it's for though.

Jim Wilson

o \o __o /\ / `\ <> `\ `> `\ > (*)/ (*) (*)/ (*) (*)/ (*)

I ride my bicycle to ride my bicycle.

On 20 Jun 2003 08:24:30 -0700, [email protected] (Scoochiro) wrote:

>Recently acquired a set of the Shimano PD-7401 pedals (I've been using the 6401s for years, and
    >think the Look/Shimano product is my favorite pedal).
    >
    >However, unlike my 6401s, the right pedal of the 7401s has a small hole on the underside of the
    >pedal body, at the 6 o'clock position, very close to where the inboard bearings would be.
    >
    >The left pedal has no such hole.
    >
    >What's that all about?
    >
    >I could guess "grease port" but why not on the other pedal? Plus, I think of grease ports as a way
    >to push the good in and the bad out, and these are so well sealed that that wouldn't happen here.
    >
    >So, what up?
    >
    >Ken Harper

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.