PD-7401 Look/Dura-Ace pedal question

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Scoochiro, Jun 20, 2003.

  1. Scoochiro

    Scoochiro Guest

    Recently acquired a set of the Shimano PD-7401 pedals (I've been using the 6401s for years, and
    think the Look/Shimano product is my favorite pedal).

    However, unlike my 6401s, the right pedal of the 7401s has a small hole on the underside of the
    pedal body, at the 6 o'clock position, very close to where the inboard bearings would be.

    The left pedal has no such hole.

    What's that all about?

    I could guess "grease port" but why not on the other pedal? Plus, I think of grease ports as a way
    to push the good in and the bad out, and these are so well sealed that that wouldn't happen here.

    So, what up?

    Ken Harper

    Tags:

  2. Jim Wilson

    Jim Wilson Guest

    I have 3 pair of 7401's and think they are the best. None of mine has a hole like the one you
    describe. There is a hole on the inboard side of each pedal back by the latch lever. Don't know what
    it's for though.

    Jim Wilson

    I ride my bicycle to ride my bicycle.