pealling push up push down

gman0482 said:
YES I AM !!!!! Wow, you've finally figured it out. You're a little slow but that's ok.

gman0482 said:
Yea I take creatine 3x day and shoot myself with Deca before bed time... But that has nothing to do with muscle growth.

Please forgive me for not taking your above post with a pinch of sarcasm. Creatine & steroids have a lot to do with muscle growth BTW.

fergs said:
Keep guessing.

Amateur

Why guess?. "3 sessions in the gym, on Monday, Wednesday & Friday".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSLhrSlA4r8&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - miCoach: Victoria Pendleton, UK Track Cycling Olympic Winner[/ame]

Chapeau! said:
Why guess?. "3 sessions in the gym, on Monday, Wednesday & Friday".

Thanks for coming to Opinion based coaching. Here is your programme. To explain it here are some you tube clips of famous cyclists I have no personal association with but they say or do stuff I like and think you should do the same.

Bwah ha ha ha ha.

Amateur

:D

Chapeau! said:
Creatine & steroids have a lot to do with muscle growth BTW.

No $hit Sherlock...

My little 9 yr old nephew can tell you that, (he's a huge baseball fan).

But to simply answer you, no I never took or don't take any creatine or protein. Therefore, my legs developed muscle from ........... Anyone ??

gman0482 said:
No $hit Sherlock...

But to simply answer you, no I never took or don't take any creatine or protein. Therefore, my legs developed muscle from ........... Anyone ??

Were you surgically enhanced in any way? Were you bitten by a radioactive spider? Do you turn green when you get angry?

alienator said:
Were you surgically enhanced in any way? Were you bitten by a radioactive spider? Do you turn green when you get angry?

Actually, now that you mention it, I do get green **** every time I eat some spinach.

Other than that, I don't remember my life before I was 15 (right around the same time that I immigrated to the US). Would that have something to do with my legs getting bigger ?

From a post on Slowtwitch..

Andy Coggan said:
The muscular adaptations to exercise training are triggered by the nature and magnitude demands placed upon your muscles, not by how rapidly your heart beats. In fact, the specificity principle holds to such a degree that only those motor units within a muscle that are actually recruited will adapt - their "next door neighbours" won't unless they, too, are called upon by the CNS.

From a guy who has the equipment to actually see the muscle as it fires. I have used a EMG and seen just how sensitive the equipment is in regards to muscle firing.

fergs said:
Thanks for coming to Opinion based coaching. Here is your programme. To explain it here are some you tube clips of famous cyclists I have no personal association with but they say or do stuff I like and think you should do the same.

We know shes in the gym lifting & strengthening.

We know shes Queen of the Track.

gman0482 said:
No $hit Sherlock...

But you told me you go to subway & eat 700 calorie subs & eat an evening meal?.

fergs said:
From a guy who has the equipment to actually see the muscle as it fires. I have used a EMG and seen just how sensitive the equipment is in regards to muscle firing.

Yeah, Victoria Pendleton wants hers to fire even more rapidly, pushing BIGGER gears.

Yeah, they do it in Track & Field sprinting too, don't worry.

Andy Coggan said:
The muscular adaptations to exercise training are triggered by the nature and magnitude demands placed upon your muscles, not by how rapidly your heart beats. In fact, the specificity principle holds to such a degree that only those motor units within a muscle that are actually recruited will adapt - their "next door neighbours" won't unless they, too, are called upon by the CNS.

Andy needs to get away from the fact "specificity" is the only mean of training for which a rider can get his bicycle from A-B faster.

Peer reviewed journals are an interesting read but I wouldn't be able to extract a FULL training program from them.

When did it become okay for an unknown simpleton anyone/no ones to call Doctors by their first name anywho? Where's the respect?

At least when I give him hell I call him Doc C.

Eh, maybe it's just the decline of western civilization as it pertains to cycling, everyone in this day and age with a bicycle is an apparent douchebag.

Eh, carry on.

Chapeau! said:
But you told me you go to subway & eat 700 calorie subs & eat an evening meal?.

Damn I forgot about Subway... That must be it then. That sub I eat for lunch at 3 pm because I'm starving, that must be the protein that made my legs grow.

Why didn't I think of this before !!!! You're a genius.

And BTW, how do you know my sub has 700 calories, even I didn't know that. You really are smarter than you look, uhh sound, uhh write ?

Fergie we figured it out. Next track event you have, just buy all of your cyclists foot-long subs from Subway, and 1st place finishes are guaranteed for all of them.

Chapeau! said:
We know shes in the gym lifting & strengthening.

Keep guessing:D

They all do weights and strength work in the gym. What you can't explain is how Meares and Guo are stronger but Pendalton is better.

Yeah, Victoria Pendleton wants hers to fire even more rapidly, pushing BIGGER gears.

Keep guessing:D

Amateur

gman0482 said:
Damn I forgot about Subway... That must be it then. That sub I eat for lunch at 3 pm because I'm starving, that must be the protein that made my legs grow.

Why didn't I think of this before !!!! You're a genius.

And BTW, how do you know my sub has 700 calories, even I didn't know that. You really are smarter than you look, uhh sound, uhh write ?

Fergie we figured it out. Next track event you have, just buy all of your cyclists foot-long subs from Subway, and 1st place finishes are guaranteed for all of them.

No! Don't you understand what will happen iffin' you continue to eat at Subway? You'll end up losing about 200 pounds, just like Jared Fogel did......or was it Dan Fogelberg......The last thing you want is for your mass to go negative (and hasn't mass already been negative enough, what with the controversy surrounding the inability of priests to keep their hands and mouths out of little boys pants and how that controversy is dividing Catholics?).

Chapeau! said:
Andy needs to get away from the fact "specificity" is the only mean of training for which a rider can get his bicycle from A-B faster.

Peer reviewed journals are an interesting read but I wouldn't be able to extract a FULL training program from them.

Well it's pretty clear you don't understand many things.

Amateur

roadhouse said:
I was recently informed that A Coggan is also a US Cycling Champ. Makes sense if he was.

Has Frank given you a set of cranks to help you train for the challenge you laid at Dr. C's feet?

gman0482 said:
So sad.... I'm glad you picked up on my joke when I said I take creatine 3x day and shoot myself with steroids.

Personally, I'm in the garage huffing glue - hoping some of the training sticks.

Chapeau! said:

That's not the intent of a study...

jollyrogers said:
Has Frank give you a set of cranks to help you train for the challenge you laid at Dr. C's feet?

I was talking to Andrew at PowerCranks and he informed me that if the Pro's pay for their own cranks then that numpty from out east can reach deep in his pockets and pay for a set...