peanut butter and lime juice

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Dan Goodman, Jan 27, 2004.

  1. Dan Goodman

    Dan Goodman Guest

    A bit of lime juice with peanut butter is a reasonable substitute for marmalade. (Marmalade with
    sugar is verboten, and with non-nutrient sweeteners is too sweet for my taste.)

    Note: the peanut butter I use is salt-free and made entirely of peanuts. And instead of bread, I've
    been using corn tortillas.

    --
    Dan Goodman Journal http://dsgood.blogspot.com or http://www.livejournal.com/users/dsgood/ Whatever
    you wish for me, may you have twice as much.

    Tags:

  2. Nexis

    Nexis Guest

    "Dan Goodman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > A bit of lime juice with peanut butter is a reasonable substitute for marmalade. (Marmalade with
    > sugar is verboten, and with non-nutrient sweeteners is too sweet for my taste.)
    >
    > Note: the peanut butter I use is salt-free and made entirely of peanuts. And instead of bread,
    > I've been using corn tortillas.
    >
    > --
    > Dan Goodman Journal http://dsgood.blogspot.com or http://www.livejournal.com/users/dsgood/
    > Whatever you wish for me, may you have twice as much.

    Is there a particular reason for the tortilla sub for the bread?

  3. Dan Goodman

    Dan Goodman Guest

    "Nexis" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > "Dan Goodman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> A bit of lime juice with peanut butter is a reasonable substitute for marmalade. (Marmalade with
    >> sugar is verboten, and with non-nutrient sweeteners is too sweet for my taste.)
    >>
    >> Note: the peanut butter I use is salt-free and made entirely of peanuts. And instead of bread,
    >> I've been using corn tortillas.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Dan Goodman Journal http://dsgood.blogspot.com or http://www.livejournal.com/users/dsgood/
    >> Whatever you wish for me, may you have twice as much.
    >
    > Is there a particular reason for the tortilla sub for the bread?

    It has a lot less salt.

    --
    Dan Goodman Journal http://dsgood.blogspot.com or http://www.livejournal.com/users/dsgood/ Whatever
    you wish for me, may you have twice as much.

  4. Nexis

    Nexis Guest

    "Dan Goodman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Nexis" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > "Dan Goodman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >> A bit of lime juice with peanut butter is a reasonable substitute for marmalade. (Marmalade
    > >> with sugar is verboten, and with non-nutrient sweeteners is too sweet for my taste.)
    > >>
    > >> Note: the peanut butter I use is salt-free and made entirely of peanuts. And instead of bread,
    > >> I've been using corn tortillas.
    you wish for me, may you have twice as much.

    > > Is there a particular reason for the tortilla sub for the bread?
    > >
    > It has a lot less salt.

    Ohhh ok. I was just curious! I figured it wasn't a carb thing.

    kimberly