Pearl Izumi Shorts

ric hallgren

Jun 7, 2007
Greetings

Does anyone know where to buy Pearl Izumi shorts, the 2006 version, which has the red stiching please?

Melbourne preferably but mail is fine.

Ricardo

Sorry Ricado,
I don't know about Melbourne.
I think my LBS can get them here (at a price!) and with the exchange rate, it wouldn't be worth it for you... Yes, even though the Aussie is stronger (The Green Back is weak for us).

I am over in Melbourne in a couple of weeks, hence the thread Hijack... Oh, and I have a pair of Pearl Izumi's. They are the best!
Well, the only shorts I have ever had actually, and I love them.

quickbuck said:
Sorry Ricado,
I don't know about Melbourne.
I think my LBS can get them here (at a price!) and with the exchange rate, it wouldn't be worth it for you... Yes, even though the Aussie is stronger (The Green Back is weak for us).

I am over in Melbourne in a couple of weeks, hence the thread Hijack... Oh, and I have a pair of Pearl Izumi's. They are the best!
Well, the only shorts I have ever had actually, and I love them.
If your LBS can get a 2006 pair, size L, red stiching I would be happy to pay for them and your bringing them to Aust. I would apppreciate that very much.

Thanks Quickbuck, please let me know. My old ones are about to seriously embarrass me

Regards

Ricardo

ric hallgren said:
If your LBS can get a 2006 pair, size L, red stiching I would be happy to pay for them and your bringing them to Aust. I would apppreciate that very much.

Thanks Quickbuck, please let me know. My old ones are about to seriously embarrass me

Regards

Ricardo
Hi Ricado,
I can only ask.
The worst answer is NO, so no real harm in asking.

I seriously don't want to see you embarresed! :p

Will you be able to get into the city (CBD) between 26-29 no worries?

quickbuck said:
Hi Ricado,
I can only ask.
The worst answer is NO, so no real harm in asking.

I seriously don't want to see you embarresed! :p

Will you be able to get into the city (CBD) between 26-29 no worries?
Thanks Quickbuck.

And yes I only live 15 mins from the CBD AND I work even closer and am in the CBD almost every day.

Regards

I can pay you or the LBS as you please. These shorts are about $220Aus if you could get them

If you're going to part with that much nickel, better to see Damian down at Assos in South Melbourne. If the specials are still running, the lycra knick with uno chamois is $99 off at $150.

ric hallgren said:
Thanks Quickbuck.

And yes I only live 15 mins from the CBD AND I work even closer and am in the CBD almost every day.

Regards

I can pay you or the LBS as you please. These shorts are about $220Aus if you could get them
Hi Ricado,
I will try my very best.
Will prefer if you can pay me the cash, as it may be a bit dodgie if you pay the shop for me, and for some reason I don't show up...
Not everything in this world is a sure thing...

See, if I buy them, and don't catch up with you, then luckey I am a size large too, so not a biggie that way.

Of course they will be brand new for you in the first instance.

Cheers
Aaron

JeremyP said:
If you're going to part with that much nickel, better to see Damian down at Assos in South Melbourne. If the specials are still running, the lycra knick with uno chamois is $99 off at $150.
Good thought. I do have some assos gear and yes it is good.

I'll check out the web site, thanks

ricardo

quickbuck said:
Hi again Ricado,
Well I rang the LBS, and very sorry, no luck!
They don't have any in stock, and didn't think they would be able to get some!

Are http://www.pearlizumi.co.nz/product.asp?pid=419&gid=12 the ones?

Check out the NZ price!! $A315.

I am heading to Wellington Tomorrow, so might get to check out the Bike Shops there.
$315NZ???? whats that us Aus $. Seems very pricey. Was that for shorts or bibs??

Ricardo

ric hallgren said:
$315NZ???? whats that us Aus $. Seems very pricey. Was that for shorts or bibs??

Ricardo
Na, that is $A315!
$NZ330 according to the site. Kiwi is at 90cents Aussie at the moment.

Yes, it does seem "Up There", especially as you got them for $220. And, yes it is for the shorts.

BTW: Hoping the $ gets a little bit stronger in the next week, but our Finance minister, and the reserve bank are doing their best to ensure it doesn't!