Pearl Izumi Ultrasensor Shorts

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by cohiba1223, Oct 30, 2006.

1. cohiba1223

cohiba1223 New Member

I know I know you all love the bibs, but I can't stand them, I spent $160 on some LG this weekend for my century and they were great but I can't get over the feeling of the straps pulling down, and yes I have the right size. My question is where is best site to purchse the Pearl Izumi Ultrasensor shorts. Ebay runs about $70 including shipping, anyone found something better.

ben

Tags:

2. mastamilla

mastamilla New Member

support your LBS and buy them there. usually $69.99 to $89.99

3. carbonguru

carbonguru New Member

I 2nd the motion. Keep the LBS's in business.

4. dhk2

dhk2 Active Member

+3 for the LBS, where you can actually try on the shorts before buying. Even if the waist size feels right, the rise and size of legs seems to vary a lot between brands I've tried. Getting a bargain on shorts that don't fit well is really no bargain at all. Plus, many have fall sales going this time of year with some good discounts off retail prices.

5. cohiba1223

cohiba1223 New Member

The only LBS that carries Pearl Izumi is offering the shorts at $89.00 no discount. My connections are at another bike store that carries LG and Giordana not PI, so I need to purchase on the internet. Believe me I spend a fortune at the LBS but the one I go to does not carry this product. So any help to not pay full price would be great, I have used these shorts for two years and I love them.

6. Bob Ross

Bob Ross New Member

Keep an eye on Performance. Every few months they run a sale on PI Ultrasensors, down to $75 from the usual $89.95.

7. Rockslayer

Rockslayer New Member

If you must by outside LBS, there were some on Ebay inc post $60, at $70 yo u should be able to get some microsensors. Are the LG bibs pulling while standing or in your riding position?

8. cohiba1223

cohiba1223 New Member

More while standing, but also while riding.

9. mastamilla

mastamilla New Member

my LBS has the on sale for $71.99 that beats those mail order chums

10. Rockslayer

Rockslayer New Member

Race cut, straps should pull a bit when standing but should be comfy when in riding position. You must either taller or bigger in the upper body for the bibs if you feel they pull to much while riding. Bodies are all different so are the cuts between manufacturers. For bibs especially need to take into account height and waist measurements plus the cut. Shorts are easier to buy. Stick with what you like I geuss. I'm the same I wouldn't give up my PI shorts completely.