Pearl Onions

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Jarkat2002, Dec 24, 2003.

1. Jarkat2002

Jarkat2002 Guest

My husband is telling me about a dish made w/ peas, pearl onions and cream. He would like to have it
    for Christmas dinner but I can't seem to find a recipe! Does anyone have anything that would fit the
    bill? Thanks! ~Kat

"I think I would like to call myself 'the girl who wanted to be God'. Yet if I were not in this
    body, where would I be--perhaps I am destined to be classified and qualified. But, oh, I cry out
    aginst it." --Sylvia Plath

Tags:

2. Nancy Young

Nancy Young Guest

Jarkat2002 wrote:
    >
    > My husband is telling me about a dish made w/ peas, pearl onions and cream. He would like to have
    > it for Christmas dinner but I can't seem to find a recipe! Does anyone have anything that would
    > fit the bill? Thanks!

It should be on the FoodTV site, Tyler Florence made creamed pearl onions on Food 911. Look for the
    goose episode. They looked really good.

nancy

3. Stark Raven

Stark Raven Guest

In article <[email protected]>, Jarkat2002
    <[email protected]> wrote:

> My husband is telling me about a dish made w/ peas, pearl onions and cream. He would like to have
    > it for Christmas dinner but I can't seem to find a recipe! Does anyone have anything that would
    > fit the bill? Thanks! ~Kat

Rachael Ray had a recipe for smashed peas using cream. Can't remember if pearl onions were a
    part, but would be easy to add. Check FoodTV recipe file to see if it's still listed in her 30-
    minute meals.

4. Jarkat2002

Jarkat2002 Guest

>It should be on the FoodTV site, Tyler Florence made creamed pearl onions on Food 911. Look for the
    >goose episode. They looked really good.
    >
    >nancy

Thank you so much ... exactly what I was looking for! :) And so quick!!!!! :) ~Kat

"I think I would like to call myself 'the girl who wanted to be God'. Yet if I were not in this
    body, where would I be--perhaps I am destined to be classified and qualified. But, oh, I cry out
    aginst it." --Sylvia Plath

5. Nancy Young

Nancy Young Guest

Jarkat2002 wrote:
    >
    > >It should be on the FoodTV site, Tyler Florence made creamed pearl onions on Food 911. Look for
    > >the goose episode. They looked really good.
    > >
    > >nancy
    >
    > Thank you so much ... exactly what I was looking for! :) And so quick!!!!! :)

(laugh) Just timing ... anyway, I'm going to make them, too. However, my Christmas dinner might not
    happen until Friday as a certain someone didn't take the roast out of the freezer until this
    morning. Ooops! That's okay.

nancy