pedal adjustment question

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Mpt, Jun 16, 2003.

  1. Mpt

    Mpt Guest

    Hi I have a pair of SPD pedals (M-536) and SH-50 cleats. It's easy to clip on than off. I wonder how
    the tension can be adjusted. In addition, is there any "standard" way to clip off from the pedals?
    such as direction and force. Many thanks for your insights in advance.

    ---

  2. Peter

    Peter Guest

    "MPT" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi I have a pair of SPD pedals (M-536) and SH-50 cleats. It's easy to clip on than off. I wonder
    > how the tension can be adjusted.
    cut......... You turn an allen key fitting on the pedal to tighten or loosen tension, details are on
    the leaflet that comes with the pedals. If you haven't got the leaflet you can download service
    instructions and an exploded pedal drawing from the Shimano site. peter