Pedal and Seat Reccomendation

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Axis, Mar 6, 2004.

  1. Axis

    Axis Guest

    I just built up a trail/light use freeride bike (30lbs so
    far). Haro 2003 Extreme ex3 frame with Shimano hydraulics,
    Sun Ryno/XT wheelset with IRC Kujo DH tires, Easton EA50
    riserbars and mostly XT level components and a Truvative
    Huss DH BB and cranks. Oh ya I have to stick with a 2003
    Psylo XC with the extra firm spring kit for now. I am
    planning on getting the Marz Z1 drop off later this year.

    I am 5'10" and weigh 200lbs. I would like to keep the bike
    at or under 33lbs.

    I will be riding a lot of Urban and heavy trail (light
    freeride max 6' drops) this year and the Titec seat I have
    is a killer, it really is uncomfortable. Any recommendations
    on a comfortable seat that is fairly light?

    I still need pedals. I only do platform and I have a spare
    set (pretty thrashed) of snafu BMX pedals but they are mega
    heavy. Any recommendations on what to get that will be as
    light as possible. I have looked at the most expensive
    Weyless ones but I wanted to ask you guys first.

    TIA

    Tags:

  2. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 01:13:06 +0000, Axis wrote:

    > I will be riding a lot of Urban and heavy trail
    > (light freeride max 6' drops) this year and the Titec
    > seat I have is a killer, it really is uncomfortable.
    > Any recommendations on a comfortable seat that is
    > fairly light?

    I'm quite liking the WTB Rocket V Stealth that I put on a
    couple of months ago. Having said that, saddles are
    personal things.

    > I still need pedals. I only do platform and I have a spare
    > set (pretty thrashed) of snafu BMX pedals but they are
    > mega heavy. Any recommendations on what to get that will
    > be as light as possible. I have looked at the most
    > expensive Weyless ones but I wanted to ask you guys first.

    Primo Pro / Tenderizer magnesium. Not the lightest, but
    magnesium versions of the best bmx pedals out there.

  3. Gazzer

    Gazzer Guest

    bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.03.07.09.54.3[email protected]>...
    > On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 01:13:06 +0000, Axis wrote:
    >

    > > I still need pedals. I only do platform and I have a
    > > spare set (pretty thrashed) of snafu BMX pedals but they
    > > are mega heavy. Any recommendations on what to get that
    > > will be as light as possible. I have looked at the most
    > > expensive Weyless ones but I wanted to ask you guys
    > > first.
    >
    > Primo Pro / Tenderizer magnesium. Not the lightest, but
    > magnesium versions of the best bmx pedals out there.

    I'm using the wtb rocket saddle as well, light and
    comfortable, but thats my bum. At the risk of sounding like
    a broken record, tioga surefoot mx pro pedals are very
    light for platforms, tough, and importantly for me, have a
    low profile.