Pedal 'buzz'

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paul

This is probably a rather daft question but I'll ask it anyway. When I am riding my bike on
particularly smooth tarmac I've started to noticed some vibration, more of a buzz I guess, through
the pedals into the balls of my feet on each downward stroke. I ride mostly rough country roads
which are so bumpy anyway that this isn't noticeable.

I was wondering whether this is just 'noise' from the road/tyre contact as the back wheel is turned
or something I should look into; I have standard flat pedals rather than spds so my pedalling action
is rather more piston like than a true spin (although in no way mashing).

If it is normal then I'm going to look a tad foolish (but hope to get away with it on the grounds of
being a relative beginner) but I'd rather look foolish for asking than foolish for not if something
drops off.

The wheels spin nicely and the bearings feel fine as does the BB, no grinding or anything alarming
and the pedals spin freely too, every thing else on the bike seems in order. I have not long
switched from 1.95 semi-slicks to a slicker 1.75 running at a slightly higher pressure and
allsorts of bumps and knocks feel more pronounced but I have also recently and the chain and
cassette replaced.

Your sheepishly Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.