pedal car for grownups!

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by ProfTournesol, Feb 10, 2008.

  1. ProfTournesol

    ProfTournesol New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2003
    great idea, if only we could all do this!
    http://www.ecogeek.org/content/view/1360/

    Tags:

  2. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Read the artists text on the piece:
    http://www.micheldebroin.org/texts2.html

    Whoah, that takes me back twenty years when I slightly understood postmodernist art theory. Now the hard drives almost full and the words look too close together. Bugger it, I'll read it in the morning..

  3. BT Humble

    BT Humble Guest

    cfsmtb wrote:
    > ProfTournesol Wrote:> great idea, if only we could all do this!
    > >http://www.ecogeek.org/content/view/1360/Readthe artists text on the piece:

    > http://www.micheldebroin.org/texts2.html
    >
    > Whoah, that takes me back twenty years when I slightly understood
    > postmodernist art theory. Now the hard drives almost full and the words
    > look too close together. Bugger it, I'll read it in the morning..

    Postmodernist art theory? It's actually pretty simple:

    * Throw together a pile of junk, if possible including dead animals,
    faeces, blood, vomit or anything else that most of the population
    finds disgusting;
    * Call it an "installation"
    * Demand money.

    It doesn't work for many people, but those for whom it *does* work are
    quite remarkably well off. ;-)

    BTH

  4. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Hehehe, that's the recent crop and due to no small part of sensationalising in the meedya. Chew on this dry twig:

    http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Museum/7101/picture/modern2.html

  5. Poiter

    Poiter New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2003
    http://www.bikeforest.com/rhoades_car.php

    Wish I could put my paws on the YouTube video that goes with this.

    Pete

  6. t Richardson

    t Richardson Guest