Pedal dimensions

jortony

Jan 8, 2006
Does anyone have a schematic of look keo and delta cleats (red version), I am having trouble to put it mildly with Look's forum registration (the spider prevention is broken (and no I am not bad at Math)). I think a mechanic put on delta cleats on my shoes, now I am thousands of miles away and it would be easier to machine them down to size. This could be a repository for other cleat dimensions as well if you have care to post them. If they are in pdf format you could screen shot it, paste it to paint, save it as jpg, and then insert it into your reply.
Thank you in advance to a resourceful and technical philanthropist, and screw you Look forum webmaster (your site is pretty, but broken) and faceless inexperienced machanic for changing out my cleats and not asking before doing work on my bike (including altering preferential work like bar tape, hood angle, gear range......grrr.)
I also would be interested in trading Delta for Keo cleats... if anyone is in Chicago.
-J

The difference in the size between the two cleat styles is fairly significant (see attachment) ... and, it could be suggested that there is a distinct difference in the shape of the two cleats IF you know the difference in their shapes.

Check the pedal's release tension.

jortony said:
Does anyone have a schematic of look keo and delta cleats (red version), I am having trouble to put it mildly with Look's forum registration (the spider prevention is broken (and no I am not bad at Math)). I think a mechanic put on delta cleats on my shoes, now I am thousands of miles away and it would be easier to machine them down to size. This could be a repository for other cleat dimensions as well if you have care to post them. If they are in pdf format you could screen shot it, paste it to paint, save it as jpg, and then insert it into your reply.
Thank you in advance to a resourceful and technical philanthropist, and screw you Look forum webmaster (your site is pretty, but broken) and faceless inexperienced machanic for changing out my cleats and not asking before doing work on my bike (including altering preferential work like bar tape, hood angle, gear range......grrr.)
I also would be interested in trading Delta for Keo cleats... if anyone is in Chicago.
-J

Machining cleats? You're kidding, right? If you're in Chicago then get Keo cleats from an LBS or order them online.

alienator said:
Machining cleats? You're kidding, right? If you're in Chicago then get Keo cleats from an LBS or order them online.
Actually, I am thinking about fabricating a set for commuting and training out of tungsten, I am tired of wearing through them, and my pedals always breakdown within a year anyway (through I would probably change to a chromoly model, and keep my plastic keos for racing). If there are any business minded people who want to fabricate an oversized walkable steel cleat (it could be designed to protect the fragile undersurface of the shoe), I would buy one (if it fit my unemployed and broke price range =)

alfeng said:
The difference in the size between the two cleat styles is fairly significant (see attachment) ... and, it could be suggested that there is a distinct difference in the shape of the two cleats IF you know the difference in their shapes.

Check the pedal's release tension.
Beautiful response,
It looks untenable, so I am going to offer a trade on craigslist and move back to a time road pedal/shoe combo which I swapped out for embarrassing aesthetic reasons. However this has motivated me to go through my significantly sized broken sidi collection and return them for repairs while acquiring the proper cleats. On a unrelated but important note, in switching to the time setup (which is very nice), I had my first ride in 3 months (bikeless (spoiled by my '96 merlin)), that 3 months I refound what it means to be merely human, and I am totally done with it! I am cyclist again now, evil doers beware I am reacquiring super-human powers. For those of you who know the deeply grounding and enabling feeling of health stemming from indulgent cycling, it is a great lifestyle and because of this there are human consequences for stopping abruptly... =P
Thank you again alfeng, well thought and efficient. I wish you a long life of bicycle-hedonism.

I don't get it, why do't you just buy some Keo cleats locally? when you mentioned something about thousands of miles which might make what you've been talking about seem a little bit sensible. But Chicago? Good lord, be ****** about the meddling and incompetence, but buy the darn cleats and move on!