"Pedal For Scotland" ride

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Mike Quin, Sep 6, 2004.

  1. Mike Quin

    Mike Quin Guest

    Tags:

  2. >http://www.pedalforscotland.org/

    >Any other URCers participating in this ride?

    Seems like fun, but alas, too far to travel for me.

    Cheers, helen s

  3. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

  4. Brian G

    Brian G Guest

    Mike Quin wrote:
    > http://www.pedalforscotland.org/
    >
    > Any other URCers participating in this ride?

    I can't make it this year, but thanks for the link. It's definitely
    pencilled in for 2005.

    --
    Brian G

    To reply, replace junk with brian

  5. Jon Senior

    Jon Senior Guest

    Team Jelly Belly [email protected] opined the following...
    > team of 7 from work .... emm ... looking forward to it ???... 1st stop the
    > Crammond Brig....

    If it's the Glasgow-Edinburgh ride, then you're doing well if your first
    stop is Crammond! ;-)

    Jon

  6. Jon Senior

    Jon Senior Guest

  7. the.Mark

    the.Mark Guest

    Jon Senior wrote:
    > Mike Quin [email protected] opined the following...
    >> http://www.pedalforscotland.org/
    >>
    >> Any other URCers participating in this ride?

    > If I don't go down south that weekend I'll be there on my
    > recumbent.
    >
    > Jon

    Do you still have plans to do your Edinburgh - Dundee - Edinburgh trip?
    --
    Mark

    1x1 wheel, 3x2 wheels & 1x3 wheels.

  8. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    On 10/9/04 10:36 pm, in article [email protected],
    "the.Mark" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Jon Senior wrote:
    >> Mike Quin [email protected] opined the following...
    >>> http://www.pedalforscotland.org/
    >>>
    >>> Any other URCers participating in this ride?

    >> If I don't go down south that weekend I'll be there on my
    >> recumbent.
    >>
    >> Jon

    > Do you still have plans to do your Edinburgh - Dundee - Edinburgh trip?

    I'll not be doing th ePedal for Scotland ride because I'm doing Dundee -
    Edinburgh - Dundee the day before.. If my back holds out. I pulled it on
    Wednesday and the doc has put me on industrial strength anti inflamatories.
    It seems to be working so I should be OK to at least start the ride.

    ...d

  9. Gawnsoft

    Gawnsoft Guest

    On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 21:55:52 +0100, Jon Senior
    <jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOTco_DOT_uk> wrote (more or less):

    >Mike Quin [email protected] opined the following...
    >> http://www.pedalforscotland.org/
    >>
    >> Any other URCers participating in this ride?

    >If I don't go down south that weekend I'll be there on my recumbent.

    Has it been? Or is it still to come?

    --
    Cheers,
    Euan

  10. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    On 20/9/04 12:07 am, in article [email protected],
    "Gawnsoft" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 21:55:52 +0100, Jon Senior
    > <jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOTco_DOT_uk> wrote (more or less):
    >
    >> Mike Quin [email protected] opined the following...
    >>> http://www.pedalforscotland.org/
    >>>
    >>> Any other URCers participating in this ride?

    >> If I don't go down south that weekend I'll be there on my recumbent.

    > Has it been? Or is it still to come?

    'Twas yesterday. 'Yis now the ghost of journeys past.

    ...d

  11. gavin

    gavin Guest

    "Gawnsoft" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]
    > On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 21:55:52 +0100, Jon Senior
    > <jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOTco_DOT_uk> wrote (more or less):
    >
    > >Mike Quin [email protected] opined the following...
    > >> http://www.pedalforscotland.org/
    > >>
    > >> Any other URCers participating in this ride?

    > >If I don't go down south that weekend I'll be there on my recumbent.

    > Has it been? Or is it still to come?

    It has been - Yesterday 19 Sep.

  12. Mike Quin

    Mike Quin Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Gawnsoft wrote:

    > Has it been? Or is it still to come?

    Yesterday. Soggy in the morning, dry in the afternoon, and my hat goes
    off to whoever picked a pub as the final rest stop before Meadowbank -
    Beer has never tasted so good :)

    --
    Mike Quin

  13. Tiz was yesterday and Team Jelly Belly ( 1602 ) finished in a respectable
    time of 3Hrs 35mins

    Strong tail wind .. and rain .. and more rain ... Muckle thanks to those who
    manned the stops at the Time Capsule(sp) Avonbridge Church, Linlithgow (
    great pasta ) and my wee darlin .. on hand just before the Crammond Inn with
    a flask of the sweetest tea I have ever tasted .... roll on next year

    Team JB