pedal grab

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by unicycle2280, Dec 27, 2005.

  1. unicycle2280

    unicycle2280 Guest

    Tags:

  2. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

    unicycle2280 wrote:
    > Hi, i had a question on pedal grabbing....is it kay for me to land on
    > the cranks while i do it or can it only be on the pedal?
    > thanks

    for a TRUE pedalgrab, it needs to be only on the pedal. otherwise, its
    another maneuver, oh so creatively named the crank grab.
    most people learn the crank grab first, I know I did, because its a
    little easier. but the pedal grab is more practical in most
    situations, and also, it looks cooler.

    --
    James_Potter

    to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

    michael atkinson
    mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
    President of the '_MRIS_' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)

  3. Murde Mental

    Murde Mental Guest

    James_Potter wrote:
    > for a TRUE pedalgrab, it needs to be only on the pedal. otherwise, its
    > another maneuver, oh so creatively named the crank grab.
    > most people learn the crank grab first, I know I did, because its a
    > little easier. but the pedal grab is more practical in most
    > situations, and also, it looks cooler.

    But still not as cool as just going to rubber. :cool:

    --
    Murde Mental

    "You make love demon style." ~Kristine

    Oh here's to my sweet Satan. The one who's little path would make me
    sad, whose power is Satan. He'll give those with him 666. There was a
    little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad Satan
    Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

  4. Fuego

    Fuego Guest

    chyea, going to rubber's where it's AT.

    *fuego has a 24" wheel. he can't crank OR pedal grab to rubber*

    --
    Fuego

    "Get off my Property before you sue me!"
    -Morons everywhere.

    "Wow, I think it's clear that gimp does a much better job of saving
    gifs than mspaint."
    -Phlegm
    Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983

  5. koebwil

    koebwil Guest

  6. Jumping from the cranks, to the tire (rubber)

    --
    forrestunifreak

    Andrew Carter wrote:
    > I never thought I'd hear myself saying this but if it comes down to blue
    > nipples that are (weak), or plain strong ones, I'll most likely go for
    > the blue ones...

    you cant read this!
    'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

    'Seattle Bike Supply' (http://www.seattlebikesupply.com)

  7. koebwil

    koebwil Guest

  8. litldude2

    litldude2 Guest

    Just replace "rubber" with "tire" because its not always talking about
    from a crank grab. You can do a normal hop to rubber meaning you land
    on your tire;)

    --
    litldude2

    Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
    Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
    _____________________________

    chosen wrote:
    > wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

  9. koebwil

    koebwil Guest

    Okay in that case "to rubber" is lame. Why do we even need that phrase?
    If you land on your tire it means you just hopped up. You could say
    "I landed a two foot hop onto a bench." instead of "I landed a two foot
    hop to rubber onto a bench."

    --
    koebwil
    koebwil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11308

  10. Murde Mental

    Murde Mental Guest

    It's when you say... the line consisted of going over a certain park
    bench or something.

    Now the line could be done by pedal-grabbing on the bench but it can
    also be done by going to rubber on the bench.

    So two people can clear the same line... but then I can come back and
    say "Oh yeah? Well I went straight to rubber you crank-grabbing
    creeps."

    Oh and fuego... you can tottaly do crank and pedal grabs on a 24"...

    --
    Murde Mental

    "You make love demon style." ~Kristine

    Oh here's to my sweet Satan. The one who's little path would make me
    sad, whose power is Satan. He'll give those with him 666. There was a
    little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad Satan
    Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

  11. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

    it means that you're on the crank or pedal, so you go from that to the
    tire, or "rubber." or if you're saying you pedal grabbed on to
    something, you can say you plan on trying to go straight to rubber
    without the pedal grab. basically going to rubber means landing your
    tire on it....

    Murde Mental wrote:
    > Oh and fuego... you can tottaly do crank and pedal grabs on a 24"...

    it is harder though, you must admit....

    --
    James_Potter

    to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

    michael atkinson
    mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
    President of the '_MRIS_' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)

  12. Murde Mental

    Murde Mental Guest

    only 2" harder.. come'on!

    --
    Murde Mental

    "You make love demon style." ~Kristine

    Oh here's to my sweet Satan. The one who's little path would make me
    sad, whose power is Satan. He'll give those with him 666. There was a
    little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad Satan
    Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

  13. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

  14. Murde Mental

    Murde Mental Guest

    2" inches extra weight! COME'ON!

    ;)

    WORD POST 1997

    --
    Murde Mental

    "You make love demon style." ~Kristine

    Oh here's to my sweet Satan. The one who's little path would make me
    sad, whose power is Satan. He'll give those with him 666. There was a
    little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad Satan
    Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

  15. abbabibble

    abbabibble Guest

    i can't do any of dose.
    I'ma working on it, but i need teh rain to clear up, and the wetness
    too, so i can get some pallets in my driveway. I can get an almost
    infinite amount from work for free, the only limitation is the size of
    the car.

    --
    abbabibble

    Cheers, Mat.
    -----------------------
    SUPER AWEXOME SUPER-UNI SHIRTS! PREORDER YOURS
    TODAY!!!http://unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44230
    --"to maxis: STOP. GRAMMAR TIME." -Fwgen0moB?
    "abababilbel" - General Dibbles
    abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

  16. To rubber, as far as I'm concerned, implies that you are jumping
    directly onto an abject, rather than using a pedalgrab. If you are
    talking about getting out of a pedalgrab, you would say going to rubber
    from pedal, but I never use that, since that's about the only reason to
    be on your pedal for trials, and is implicit.

    When referring to a line onto a rock for example you can say, "Why not
    just go straight to rubber?"

    I also use "air," such as, "You pedalgrabbed, but I aired the picnic
    table." Rubber and air are better than "hopped up" because you hop into
    a pedalgrab, and also hopped up could be a series of small hops, to air
    or go to rubber generally implies a single big hop or a hop used where
    a pedalgrab would be an easier option.

    --
    gerblefranklin

    Nick's main man.

    "I love freedom dearly, ideally, in theory, but in reality we're not
    there yet--Not nearly."--Cold Duck Complex

  17. Klaas Bil

    Klaas Bil Guest

    Murde Mental wrote:
    > only 2" harder.. come'on!

    I actually think that a grab (pedal or crank) is 2" EASIER on a 24"
    because you are already higher up. Going from the grab to rubber is
    more difficult though.

    --
    Klaas Bil
    Klaas Bil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3442

  18. Klaas Bil

    Klaas Bil Guest

    gerblefranklin wrote:
    > To rubber, as far as I'm concerned, implies that you are jumping
    > directly onto an abject, rather than using a pedalgrab.

    Are you sure that that really implies that your you? In your example,
    you add the word "straight". Indeed, "straight to rubber" or "directly
    to rubber" would imply to not use a pedal grab. But don't you agree
    that you can do a pedal grab and then go "to rubber" from there?

    --
    Klaas Bil
    Klaas Bil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3442

  19. Klaas Bil

    Klaas Bil Guest

    Klaas Bil wrote:
    > Are you sure that that really implies that your you? In your example,
    > you add the word "straight". Indeed, "straight to rubber" or "directly
    > to rubber" would imply to not use a pedal grab. But don't you agree
    > that you can do a pedal grab and then go "to rubber" from there?

    My first sentence is gibberish, something must have gone wrong with
    cutting and pasting. What I meant to say is that you (gerblefranklin)
    probably agree that 'rubber' doesn't imply directly, since you can
    perfectly go from a pedalgrab to rubber.

    --
    Klaas Bil
    Klaas Bil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3442

  20. trials2k

    trials2k Guest

    ahaha i could imagine being a first time unicycler trying to find some
    info/tips about unicycling and looking at this thread. ahahaha, it
    would be the most confusing bundle of words known to man!!!

    --
    trials2k

    Live and Die on a uni;) **
    trials2k's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11354