pedal grab

unicycle2280 wrote:
> Hi, i had a question on pedal grabbing....is it kay for me to land on
> the cranks while i do it or can it only be on the pedal?
> thanks

for a TRUE pedalgrab, it needs to be only on the pedal. otherwise, its
another maneuver, oh so creatively named the crank grab.
most people learn the crank grab first, I know I did, because its a
little easier. but the pedal grab is more practical in most
situations, and also, it looks cooler.

--
James_Potter

to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

michael atkinson
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
President of the '_MRIS_' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)

James_Potter wrote:
> for a TRUE pedalgrab, it needs to be only on the pedal. otherwise, its
> another maneuver, oh so creatively named the crank grab.
> most people learn the crank grab first, I know I did, because its a
> little easier. but the pedal grab is more practical in most
> situations, and also, it looks cooler.

But still not as cool as just going to rubber. :cool:

--
Murde Mental

"You make love demon style." ~Kristine

Oh here's to my sweet Satan. The one who's little path would make me
sad, whose power is Satan. He'll give those with him 666. There was a
little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad Satan
Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

chyea, going to rubber's where it's AT.

*fuego has a 24" wheel. he can't crank OR pedal grab to rubber*

--
Fuego

"Get off my Property before you sue me!"
-Morons everywhere.

"Wow, I think it's clear that gimp does a much better job of saving
gifs than mspaint."
-Phlegm
Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983

Jumping from the cranks, to the tire (rubber)

--
forrestunifreak

Andrew Carter wrote:
> I never thought I'd hear myself saying this but if it comes down to blue
> nipples that are (weak), or plain strong ones, I'll most likely go for
> the blue ones...

you cant read this!
'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

'Seattle Bike Supply' (http://www.seattlebikesupply.com)

Just replace "rubber" with "tire" because its not always talking about
from a crank grab. You can do a normal hop to rubber meaning you land
on your tire;)

--
litldude2

Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
_____________________________

chosen wrote:
> wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

It's when you say... the line consisted of going over a certain park
bench or something.

Now the line could be done by pedal-grabbing on the bench but it can
also be done by going to rubber on the bench.

So two people can clear the same line... but then I can come back and
say "Oh yeah? Well I went straight to rubber you crank-grabbing
creeps."

Oh and fuego... you can tottaly do crank and pedal grabs on a 24"...

--
Murde Mental

"You make love demon style." ~Kristine

Oh here's to my sweet Satan. The one who's little path would make me
sad, whose power is Satan. He'll give those with him 666. There was a
little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad Satan
Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

it means that you're on the crank or pedal, so you go from that to the
tire, or "rubber." or if you're saying you pedal grabbed on to
something, you can say you plan on trying to go straight to rubber
without the pedal grab. basically going to rubber means landing your
tire on it....

Murde Mental wrote:
> Oh and fuego... you can tottaly do crank and pedal grabs on a 24"...

it is harder though, you must admit....

--
James_Potter

to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

michael atkinson
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
President of the '_MRIS_' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)

only 2" harder.. come'on!

--
Murde Mental

"You make love demon style." ~Kristine

Oh here's to my sweet Satan. The one who's little path would make me
sad, whose power is Satan. He'll give those with him 666. There was a
little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad Satan
Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

2" inches extra weight! COME'ON!

;)

WORD POST 1997

--
Murde Mental

"You make love demon style." ~Kristine

Oh here's to my sweet Satan. The one who's little path would make me
sad, whose power is Satan. He'll give those with him 666. There was a
little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad Satan
Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

i can't do any of dose.
I'ma working on it, but i need teh rain to clear up, and the wetness
too, so i can get some pallets in my driveway. I can get an almost
infinite amount from work for free, the only limitation is the size of
the car.

--
abbabibble

Cheers, Mat.
-----------------------
SUPER AWEXOME SUPER-UNI SHIRTS! PREORDER YOURS
TODAY!!!http://unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44230
--"to maxis: STOP. GRAMMAR TIME." -Fwgen0moB?
"abababilbel" - General Dibbles
abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

To rubber, as far as I'm concerned, implies that you are jumping
directly onto an abject, rather than using a pedalgrab. If you are
talking about getting out of a pedalgrab, you would say going to rubber
from pedal, but I never use that, since that's about the only reason to
be on your pedal for trials, and is implicit.

When referring to a line onto a rock for example you can say, "Why not
just go straight to rubber?"

I also use "air," such as, "You pedalgrabbed, but I aired the picnic
table." Rubber and air are better than "hopped up" because you hop into
a pedalgrab, and also hopped up could be a series of small hops, to air
or go to rubber generally implies a single big hop or a hop used where
a pedalgrab would be an easier option.

--
gerblefranklin

Nick's main man.

"I love freedom dearly, ideally, in theory, but in reality we're not
there yet--Not nearly."--Cold Duck Complex

gerblefranklin wrote:
> To rubber, as far as I'm concerned, implies that you are jumping
> directly onto an abject, rather than using a pedalgrab.

Are you sure that that really implies that your you? In your example,
you add the word "straight". Indeed, "straight to rubber" or "directly
to rubber" would imply to not use a pedal grab. But don't you agree
that you can do a pedal grab and then go "to rubber" from there?

--
Klaas Bil
Klaas Bil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3442

Klaas Bil wrote:
> Are you sure that that really implies that your you? In your example,
> you add the word "straight". Indeed, "straight to rubber" or "directly
> to rubber" would imply to not use a pedal grab. But don't you agree
> that you can do a pedal grab and then go "to rubber" from there?

My first sentence is gibberish, something must have gone wrong with
cutting and pasting. What I meant to say is that you (gerblefranklin)
probably agree that 'rubber' doesn't imply directly, since you can
perfectly go from a pedalgrab to rubber.